Roon rock is jumping over tunes (HQPlayer)

Why do you need dual boot? Seems like an unnecessary complication.

Dual booth means that the 2 os’s run at the same time?

No, always one at a time.
The hdd/ssd has two partitions , one for each operating system, in this way you can choose which OS will boot

Got it, good to know, thanks

When running i9 9900K I have similar problem as before! Sometimes it is possible to change a tune but most of the time everything in Roon/HQplayer/DAC looks like it is playing but no sound!
If I understod Jussi right it should be possible yo run DSD512 with most parameters so DSD 256 should not be any problems at all!
I am totally lost!

For your info I am running Fedora 36/HQplayer desktop 4.21 for Fedora/Roon latest!

Jag kör dom instÀllningar Jussi rekommenderade ovan! Skall inte vara nÄgra som helst problem!

Sorry for swedish! I run the parameters Jussi proposed above and it should not be any problem at all! I can also run any EC without any problem but I cannot jump to another tune!

I think it is all the time the same USB error you were seeing (buggy DAC USB firmware).

It seems to be a problem regarding stopping and restarting the DAC, possibly with a different rate.

If the device had Windows 10 or Windows 11 before, you can download installer from Microsoft, use their Media Creator and just boot and install Windows. Microsoft system will remember the license activation based on the computed hardware id.

I’ve spun up a small Parallels VM (Debian) on the mini, running NAA on 1 core and 1GB RAM (could probably be even less). My USB DAC (connected to the mini) does native DSD just fine this way.

2 Likes

I notice a very strange thing! I play a tune and jump to another one = no sound ( but everything looks like it is playing ). I then go into ROON DSP and activate/deactivate either of the knobs the tune plays?!?

With all deactivated in the start? Never happened to me. I can try to replicate if you tell me how

The first one you have active now at least shouldn’t cause HQPlayer to stop/start playback again. But you could check if it still happens.

It has also happened with the second and the third but irratic, not every time!
To me it shows that something is wrong between Roon, HQplayer and the DAC!

Now the interesting part is whether flipping that switch makes Roon restart HQPlayer playback. You can check what HQPlayer is does at the moment when you flip the switch (if anything).

There were also some recent fixes to Linux USB Audio Class driver, so if you are using Fedora, please check that you have latest updates installed and reboot. They are usually pretty quick to follow new kernel versions.

Fedora was updated yesterday. No change.
I have had to try many times with the different switches and when it starts playing Roon goes on where the tune playes ( ex 2.34 ) but the Hqplayer timer starts from 0!

Can it be a conflict between Xmos on my computor ( downloaded from the DAC manufacturer )and Xmos in Fedora?

If HQPlayer time resets to 0 when you flip the switch, it means Roon stops HQPlayer (and DAC as result) and then restarts playback. That recovers the DAC.

I have one setting coming in next release that may help with this. But it will need some manual configuration file editing, as I don’t have GUI for it.

Not sure I understand this part

So I purchased a new DAC, Topping D90se! And now it plays! Thank you.
But I cannot play any of ECs with 512 and poly sinc xla or xl. I cant even play it with 256!
It only plays 512 with asdm5.
I prefer minringfir lp and play with amsdm7ec512+fs but I can only play 256!
I am disappointed!

Please check that you are using the “AVX2” build of HQPlayer. And then experiment if “Multicore DSP” set to checked vs set to grayed works better.

1 Like