Roon running slowly!

Since a massive update to Windows 10 on my laptop yesterday Roon has been running excruciatingly slow, although Tidal is ok!

I can’t prove cause and effect but I should be grateful for any quick fixes!
Many Thanks

specific hardware details might help…cpu ram ssd and graphics hardware and drivers etc etc

Phew! I’ll get back to you!
Many Thanks

Hey @Stuart_Matheson — Thanks for the report!

As @wizardofoz mentioned, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

May I also ask that you please elaborate on the slowness you are seeing? Is it specifically in the UI (navigating in Roon), but playback is fine? Or are you having playback difficulties as well?

Have you tried rebooting your Core and any affected endpoints since noticing this behavior?

Regards,
Dylan

If the slowdown is related to album art populating and you are using the 64 bit version of Roon, try the 32 bit version. In my recent experience Windoes updates sometimes seem to wreak havoc on the 64 bit version, which may or may not mend itself in the next update. This has been reported by others in this community as well.

Thanks for the tip. It appears I may be needing a new laptop as I might not have quite enough RAM.