Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus RT-AX3000, no switches, no VPN, StarLink Internet with dedicated IPv6

Connected Audio Devices

Room 1: Denafrips Ares II, Room 2: Meridian AV System, Room 3: WiiM Pro

Number of Tracks in Library

100k+ tracks

Description of Issue

Roon says the setup is working fine as you can see below:

When I first loaded Roon ARC on my Android Auto system it said “connecting with Roon Core for the first time” and spent some time working on it but then locked up. I restarted it and it said “last time connected to Roon Core 1 minute ago” and then said something like “Your Roon Core is not configured for external access.”

I installed Roon ARC on my phone to see if it would work better but it won’t even start on my phone (Pixel 7 Pro). I just see the Arc logo and nothing happens after that. I know I have a good connection since it only took seconds to download Roon ARC plus Qobuz and Tidal play fine.

What does it mean that the “…Roon Core is not configured for external access” when the Roon ARC test specifically states that it is configured for secure remote access?

Try rebooting the Roon Core if you haven’t.

Thanks for the response. I rebooted ROCK but to no avail. It’s acting as though ROCK is refusing to auth or perhaps is refusing the connection. I have the port forwarding set to the internal IPv4 address but do I need to do regarding the IPv6 connection?

D

Try turning off IPv6 in your router - that seems to have been the trick for at least one brand of router…

Edit: although now I see that you’re using Starlink - where IPv6 is a requirement - so perhaps the trick for you is to see if port forwarding can be done for IPv6 (which I think is actually a contradiction in terms - so frankly, I’m just guessing…)

Hey @Dean_Kimball,

Ben with the support team here, I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still running into issues getting Arc up and running?

You may find this step by step thread helpful if you haven’t come across it yet:

I’ll be on standby for a status update! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.