Roon Server not booting Status: Started-->Error-->Not Responding <loop>

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
RoonServer.app
Modified June 17, 2020 11:48 am
UNABLE to get build number–App won’t open!

MacMini (Late 2014)
OS Catalina 10.15.6
8GB ram
1TB Storage

RoonServer.app will not boot. Status cycles between “Started”, “Error”, and “Not Responding” in no discernible order.

I have deleted the Roon Cache and it did not affect anything.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected to Comcast/Xfinity via Ethernet. XB6-A is the only identifying mark on the router,

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB out to Schiit DAC
HDMI out to Integra 40.5 A/V receiver

Description Of Issue

RoonServer.app will not boot. Status cycles between “Started”, “Error”, and “Not Responding” in no discernible order.

I have deleted the Roon Cache and it did not affect anything.

Has it ever run before? The server app has no GUI so maybe try the roon.app version instead which you well need to to connect with the roonserver application

Yes. It was working very well with both Tidal and Quobuz. For close to a year. Ironically, this happened very close to when my renewal came up.

Can’t connect because server isn’t booting.

Hi @David_Russell,

Can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs? If you don’t have Dropbox / Google Drive / ect. just let me know and I can provide an alternate upload location.

Also, can you please confirm if you have any Backups of your Roon database before this issue started occurring?

Noris,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I will get you the logs tonight.

There have been no recent (at least 8-12 weeks) backups.

Noris,

I attempted to reply to your message with the log files but received the following:

We’re writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (community) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren’t able to post:

• You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
  • The owner of the group may have removed this group.
  • You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
  • This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://support.google.com/a/roonlabs.com/bin/topic.py?topic=25838.

Thanks,

roonlabs.com admins

----- Message truncated -----

Hi @David_Russell,

You must use the forum to respond to my messages, here is a direct link to your thread: Roon Server not booting Status: Started-->Error-->Not Responding <loop>

Can you please upload the log set to Dropbox / Google Drive / ect. and provide me a link (either on the thread or in a private message)?

1 Like

Hi @David_Russell,

Thanks for sending those logs over, but unfortunately they appear to be the wrong ones, the ones you sent appear to be from a Roon Remote, not the Core.

Can you please access the Roon logs under ~Library / RoonServer / Logs and send those instead? Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Noris,

Did you receive the second set of logs?

Thanks,

David

This is really frustrating.

Hi @David_Russell,

Thanks for sending the Roon Server logs, I think I see the issue here.
I will send further instructions via private message, thanks!

Roon support has stopped responding to me.

Did you receive this private message?

@noris

Yes.
I was instructed to delete a file which didn’t exist, or there was a typo in the message, so I deleted the most similarly named.
I followed the rest of the instructions and nothing changed.
I relayed this info on Wednesday and have had no response.

Hi @David_Russell,

I’ve followed up via private message, thanks!

Issue resolved via private message.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.