Roon Server Not Opening Properly on Windows 11 PC (ref#VPPGYH)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Something else

I’m having no luck opening the Roon Server on my Windows 11 PC. This is my second attempt at a solution. The firewalls are off or allow the software and I’m on the private network. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Roon software. The only way I can actually get the software to open is to find the Roon folder, open the folder 20001388, find the Roon application and it opens. When I click on the Roonserver shortcut, nothing happens. If I click on the Roon shortcut I get a fatal error message: Roon 2.0 is not compatible on this device. Help!

@Frank_Burner, you won’t see anything happen when you start Roon Server on any computer, it just runs in the background. The Roon Remote application (roon.exe) is what is now used to control the Server.

That said, have you looked at this thread in case Roon and Roon Server are set to compatibility mode on your W11 PC:

Compatibility mode should be turned off for the Roon applications.

Hey thanks! I’ll try anything at this point.

My server used to start when Windows started but at some point stopped doing that on reboots. I just keep a link on my desktop to start the server after a reboot. Annoying, but it works at least. The file I start is:

C:\Users<youruserhere>\AppData\Local\RoonServer\Application\RoonServer.exe

1 Like

Does the “Launch at Startup” option no longer work for you?

Launch at Startup for the server? Where is that setting?

As the illustration in the article shows, it is a menu option available in the running application - look at the running background applications in the right hand end of the Windows Taskbar and right-click on the Roon Server icon to display the menu.

Yeah, that is set. And I recall I was digging around Roon logs several months ago and found some error when it tries to start. Thought I made thread about that but go no answer. So presumably my manual start later either works because it is later in the boot process or the second time. Anyway, had given up on it myself and just trying to give the earlier poster the path to start it manually.

Hey Robert F thank you for your suggestion and now my log in works! I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Glad you are back in business @Frank_Burner!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.