Roon Server performance degradation over time

I think you’re misreading the data:

Yep Evan…I fully misread it…so do you’ve a different Arch Linux kernel then?

Linux alib 4.6.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 8 08:40:59 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Would you update the kernel in this case? I would expect the problem to be with RoonServer as it keep allocating memory (malloc) and doesn’t free the requested memory again. See below in atop. Ok you evidently do not have that problem with Roon on Arch Linux. Is there a difference in roon server version then? I’ve v1.2 build 147 stable

Anyway…I started the process to upgrade Arch Linux to 4.6.3-1…fingers crossed

I’ve successfully upgraded. But sadly enough it does not make any difference at all.
Same consumption of memory.

Problem even bigger than before. System not responsive anymore:

Bizarre, curious are you running ffmpeg or avconv? Arch headless or a desktop environment?

I’m running it as a headless system and run ffmpeg instead of avconv.
By the way just for sake of completeness. I do run it virtualized as a guest on VMWare ESXi v5.1 server.

Likely the virtualization then - it’s all I have running on my machine.

For me to easy concluded. Sorry. I’ve many linux systems virtualized. Never ran into this problem. So I’m going to experiment a bit more.
I reinstalled Roonserver now and I chose to switch off this background sound analysis. Let’s see if that changes anything.

Well since this measure I’ve not seen any degradation of my system anymore. Memory reserved is nicely given back.
Will wait until tomorrow to conclude as significant time will be passed then which normally results in a lot of memory consumption and an unstable system.

Noop…no difference…full freeze of the system.

Probably time to get some logs to @vova and @mike to see if they can assist hunting this down.

ok…How do I best do that as I cannot upload any other file via messaging on this forum other than gif, jpg and so on. I zipped 2 log and would like to hand them over for analysis,

Let’s drop a flag for @vova . He’ll send you a PM with details.

Hi @Marc_Hanssen ---- I’d like to get our developers a copy of your logs to take a closer look at what may be happening here. I will be contacting you momentarily via PM. Thanks!

-Eric

Thanks Eric. I’ve send you a pm with filename details. Please be aware given the instructions received from you that it’s not an OSX or Windows environment but a Linux server that I use.
Looking forward to your findings.

@Marc_Hanssen ---- Thank you for the logs and the clarification. I will be sure to get them to our developers asap.

-Eric

Hi Eric, any news?