Roon server process reaches 9.9G of RAM

Hi, I have Roon with the latest release updated on a Ubuntu 22.04.02 physical machine. The Roon server process reaches 9.9G of RAM usage and starts to drop Arc connections. I believe the release 1244 still has big memory leak issues. I restarted the server just yesterday because of this and had to do it again today.

Hi @Bozon

Edit: FYI- the linked post relates to an OP with a Windows Machine.

Fellow Roon user and Ubuntu user.

In terminal type htop. Grab a screenshot and post it on here to see what’s occurring real-time.

This is mine for comparison.
Too left is important here.

1 Like

Would also be good to know how much RAM you have installed

1 Like

Hi @Bozon,

I am also running Roon core on a headless Ubuntu 22.04.2 server with 16 GB RAM installed. My database currently manages 270k tracks.

Here’s my current memory usage, after uptime of 18 days:

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 3.33.40 PM

This has gone up until above 13G resident memory usage as shown in htop.

But… it does go down again, with a clear tendency to use as much RAM as available. And I don’t notice any negative performance impact.

What I did do, though, is to adjust the default ‘swappiness’ kernel parameter as outlined in a recent thread. Without any swap usage, the performance of Roon Appliance has been better than ever before.

3 Likes

Good post @Andreas_Philipp1

Also, this is my Kernel: uname -r

5.19.0-38-generic

And I use Xubuntu Desktop as I need wireless function on my core which Rock doesn’t support on my MeLe Quieter 3C.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.