Roon Server Software Start Not Running

Bizarre - I’m looking at the M5 manual where it quite clearly shows that the Malicious Content Filter, the Intrusion Prevention System and the Infected Device Quarantine features can all be accessed and disabled if required…

Don’t do that. Instead, simplify your network first. Take out the Deco M5 mesh products, and connect the Nucleus directly to an ethernet port on your Genexis Platinum. The Platinum has a WiFi network, which should be sufficient to reach nearby WiFi devices…

That feature is disabled in the Netherlands, Geoff …
:frowning:

What happens if you switch the language to English? Long shot, but you never know…

However - first simplify your network and see what happens then…

I asked for that, but they decided to block this and make it not accessible for anyone.
That sounds very strange to me, but it is what it is.
I will try your suggestion and directly link Nucleus to the Genesis modem.

… and turn off the entire Deco mesh network.

Ok, will do !

All there is on this side of the pond … hèhè

Ah - your ISP is Caiway?

No Delta, just recently switched …

Are you based in the Netherlands ?

Ja :grinning:
/10 chars

Shall we continue the conversation in English or Dutch ?

Anyway the problem is still not solved… keep getting the same message…
The Nucleus is now connected straight to the modem with a cable …

Keep it in English - you are posting about an issue in the Nucleus Support category of the forum, so the details should be widely available to everyone - particularly the support team…

Ok, no problem !

So, we excluded Deco M5, now the only thing that can cause the problem is the Nucleus or the Genexis …

OK, so then the issue probably lies within the Genexis Platinum 7840.

The problem is that I can’t find a full manual for that model - only a simple installation guide. It has a web administration interface, but I have no idea what functions lie within it, because Genexis don’t seem to document it.

Let’s see if @noris (he’s in the Roon Labs Support Team - I’m just another user, like you) has any suggestions to make. In the meantime, have a read of this Help article to see if it might offer any clues as to what needs to be done in the Platinum network settings…

Edit: I did notice this in the article:

1. IPv6 has been known to cause issues with network communications. Some ISPs have started rolling out IPv6 support, and customers in those regions have had issues communicating with our services. We recommend disabling IPv6 on the router and all devices.

I don’t know whether IPv6 is currently enabled in the Platinum, or whether it can be disabled, leaving just IPv4 running - perhaps there’s a setting somewhere in the web administration pages of the Platinum to try this?

Could the problem lie in the IPv4 vs IPv6 connection?
IPv6 is offline according the web based interface.
I can access the modem /router via de IP address

Well, if it’s offline, then that is what Roon Labs appear to recommend…

What about that odd time for the DHCP leases? Is there some way of telling the Platinum the correct time and date?