Roon Server will not start - please provide support

Roon Server Machine

MacOS 12.7.2. Late 2015 iMac 27" with 3.2GHz Quad-Core Core i5, 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Apple Airport connected via ethernet, Internet connected via link from Airport to 4G router
Library is on a Lacie Raid Array connected by Thunderbolt

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian MC200 and MS200 as well as various iPads

Number of Tracks in Library

From memory around 10000, but I cannot access to check.

Description of Issue

Roon Server will not start. Opening Roon on Mac (where the Roon Server resides) opens a window but give Waiting for Roon server… error. The Roon icon does not appear on the right in the menu bar.

This change in behaviour appears to have happened with no intervention. One day it worked, the next it did not.

Try rebooting the Mac if you haven’t. If this does not help, try starting the RoonServer from its own app launcher, which is unfortunately a bit hidden:

If you get the icon in the menu bar, be sure to open its menu and set it to launch at startup

3 Likes

I opened the “Roon” package and then found a “RoonServer” Unix executable file in the MacOS sub folder and ran this. It seems to have worked. Thanks.

I agree that putting this somewhere more obvious would help, perhaps in a menu in the Roon front end app?

Yeah, good idea, or not hiding the server launcher inside the Roon app bundle. I think on Windows there‘s simply two launchers easily visible, Roon and RoonServer.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve just noticed that you’re another user and not Roon. Thank you so much for taking the time to help with this, have a good evening (or afternoon, depending on where you are).

2 Likes

Happy to help and glad that it did :slight_smile: Berlin evening here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.