Roon shutdown on a mac mini

I’m using Roon as Core on a Mac mini and have a problem with it;

Roon is running on this machine, but if i don’t use the mac mini for a while he goes in energy saving modus and shut down Roon and i can’t use Roon on my other devices. My question is why Roon stops running??

Grtz

Jef

Could be something I already reported: Crashing on mac quite regular; once per day

You need to go to energy setting on MacOSX and make sure disk does not stop spinning with monitor going off. I am using it on Mac mini 1.4 i5 only 4GB ram and it runs great. No SSD but it is dedicated to Roon.

If i have played music (and paused in this mode) via Roon and the output (toslink) from the mac mini (Core) there is no shutting down of Roon after a while, but if i transfer the zone to another endpoint (and stop playing music) than after a few hours Roon is shutting down. Is there an solution??

Thanks but that is not the problem. I had checked this before my message.

Hi @Jef_Van_Gils, sorry for the trouble here! I’ve moved your post to the Support subforum.

Can you tell us a little more about your setup as described here? Let’s have you pass on some more information about your setup, and @support can hop in to help here as soon as they know a little more about the problem.

@support I’m using Roon (Core) 1,3 build 209 on a mac mini i7, 1T fusion drive and 8GB memory, running Sierra 10.12.3 and have a problem with this:
Roon is normally running always on this machine, because i have several other computers, Tablets and iPhone with acces Roon for my music in other rooms. If i play music on my core machine and use the headphone output, than pause the music then Roon keeps running.
If i play music on an other endpoint and than pause the music, after a while Roon stops running on the core machine. This happens also when i play music on the core machine and using the usb output of the core.

@support Is there further news an this issue?? I’m very unhappy with this situation.

Hi @Jef_Van_Gils ---- My apologies for the wait. Thank you for your patience.

Moving forward, to help aide in my evaluation of this behavior you are reporting, may I kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

1. Please provide a screenshot of the sleep settings on your MacMini. This information can be found by going into: system preferences - > energy/saver - > power adaptor.

2. Can you please expand on this issue a bit more for me. You mentioned the following in your initial post:

“Roon is running on this machine, but if i don’t use the mac mini for a while he goes in energy saving modus and shut down Roon and i can’t use Roon on my other devices. My question is why Roon stops running??”

• Are you seeing any error messages when this happens?

• Is OSX generating a crash report when Roon shuts down?

• You also mentioned that if you pause your music, “after awhile” Roon will close. Can you provide an approximation of how long this takes to occur? Minutes? Hours?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

There is no crash report and there are no error messages.

Power settings in attachment

Grtz

Jef

Hi @Jef_Van_Gils ---- Thank you for the follow up and verifying that information for me. Both are appreciated!

I would like to grab a set of your logs so we can take a closer look at what could be causing this to occur. I will be reaching out to you via PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric