Roon shuts down suddenly…

Hello,
in the last week Roon suddenly closes when I click on the more button! This happens daily, 2-3 times a day or even more! No matter what I’m looking for, radio, albums, singers… it suddenly closes when I click the more button! Any idea for a solution?

Welcome to the community. I moved your post from #uncategorized to #support.

It would help if you could post more details so that others know what we are dealing with.

What is your Roon Core?

Does the crash happen on PC, Mac, iOS, Android, or all of them?

What are your software versions on Core and remotes? Software version of operating system where this happens?

Are there any error messages? Please post the message of any.

How many tracks in your library?

Hello and thank you
These are:
PC Lenovo i3 - 2.10 GHz - 8GB Ram
windows 11 pro - version 22H2
Core version and android remote both 2.0 -1277
audio devialet phantom silver and fiio usb dac e10-tc
library 10.000 tracks and
5.000 on external ssd T7
I have no error messages!
The crash only happens on PC

Thank you, seems all OK and so far so good. Very odd though! Do you know how the Windows Event Viewer works? It should contain a trace of the error.

You will want to look at the “Application” logs and the time and date when this happened, should be more or less straightforward to see if Roon is mentioned, or search for Roon. When you have found the event, you can make a screenshot of the General tab and copy-paste it here. Hopefully this will give us at least some information to continue looking:

In case you can’t find anything, we may have to wait for official Roon support (I am just a fellow user) to look at your Roon logs remotely

Hi,
I looked in the Event Viewer and didn’t see any errors related to Roon!

Hmmm. It’s possible that it might be graphics card-related, but even then I’d expect that the Roon process is mentioned as crashing. I don’t know, sorry, maybe someone else can has an idea. Eventually Roon support will get to this thread but it may take a few days.

Hi,
I found this error!

Here are further troubleshooting tips for you to try:

I think you can leave out the step " App als Administrator starten" as Roon doesn’t need that.
If you only have this error with Roon, you may also try to install Roon again (don’t remove first, just install it again) to fix potentially corrupted files of your Roon installation.

The same error is also in net runtime

Hallo again!
Thanks for the recommendations.
I followed a few steps from there and everything seemed ok but, no change!
Roo still crashes and I can’t find any errors! The only one was the one from 17.07!
I reinstalled Roon and when I pressed the finish button before Roon opened, the installation window appeared again, is this normal?

Hi @5ORYN,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for taking the time to write in!

As a first step, lets test to see if the same issue occurs on a completely fresh database:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Hello again!
Until today I had no problems, today it closed again.
After reinstalling it was Roon
Now it appears to me as Roon(2)!

Hey @5ORYN,

Sorry to hear you experienced another crash recently! As a next step, please take note of the specific date, time, and track playing when the crash occurs.

From there, use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader. We’ll be able to better examine what might be going on behind the scenes at the time of the crash.

Thanks!

Hi,
I tried to send a file after a new Roon crash, but I didn’t succeed!
So I did this:

• I made a backup copy of Roon on an external ssd
  • I deleted everything related to Roon from the PC plus uninstalled Roon
    -I restarted the PC and reinstalled Roon
    -I restored the backup copy
    It’s been a few days since then and until today I haven’t had any problems with Roon crashing.
    Looks like the crash issue has been fixed.

Not so fast :clock4:
Today it happened!
He had a crash!
I sent a logs

Hey @5ORYN,

We reviewed the logs you sent over, but didn’t see anything related to the crash you mention. If possible:

Thanks!

Hi,
It happened again when I clicked more on artist search, it closed
8:44 a.m
I was listening to the radio

on 27.08 it happened, I also sent a logs
I was listening to the radio when I wanted to look for the artist who was playing

Hey @5ORYN,

Thanks for the update. As a next step, I would try to install the latest .NET framework available from here to see if this helps:

I would also potentially perform a disk check and an SFC scan, in case there are operating system issues impacting Roon’s performance. There are detailed guides on this in the links below:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Let me know how things go and if you have any additional questions!

Hi,
I have Net Framework 4.8 updated on 23.08 and the scan found nothing.
Do I need another Net Framework version?
I didn’t quite understand why it was needed!