Roon skips tracks on Arcam SA30

Continuing the discussion from Roon Skipping Tracks:

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Powerful PC connected via ethernet.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Nighthawk R7000

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Arcam SA30 roon ready integrated amplifier connected to same router as core via ethernet. I use Tidal as the source.

Description Of Issue

I use multiple output devices in roon and have no issues on any others but the one mentioned above. I changed my setup from a Cambridge audio CXN V2 connected to an musical fidelity amplifier to the Arcam SA30 which is roon ready, I play Tidal through roon using this functionality, if I pause the music or change the album, track etc, the music stops playing and skips through the tracks roughly one every half a second with no sound output through whatever is queued, and the only way I’ve found to rectify the problem is change to another input and try playing again, this works around 75% of the time and as you can imagine is very frustrating, any solution would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Darren_Bloys, thanks for your report! Could you please reproduce this issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp when you do? I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account and take a look at whats causing tracks to skip on this endpoint.

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. The problem has happened a few times today at the following times…

Hopefully this will give you some idea of what’s going on and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Darren_Bloys,

We cannot provide support for the Arcam SA30 as it has not completed Roon Ready certification. I suggest reaching out to Arcam with this report.

-John

Okay will do. Also, do you have an estimate on when roon certification will be complete for this device please?

FYI: This problem has been solved in a beta release of the SA30 firmware.
It used to be available in arcamupdate.co.uk/beta/SA30 but unfortunately the beta’s are now removed. This might be an indication that an official update will be available soon (or never :slight_smile:). Anyway at the forum on arcam.discourse.group there are more threads about SA30’s software problems and solutions.

Thanks Mark, looks like that beta is in the wind like you said. Will wait for an official update (hopefully) but in the meantime I will check out that forum. Cheers again!

Maybe I should become a fortune-teller… Yesterday Arcam released a new version (V705). My device auto-updated to it, but it’s also available on their website.

Indeed, Mystic Mark has a nice ring to it I think. I noticed that and updated myself yesterday. Seems to have done the trick with this issue. Dirac Live also works much better now as well. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.