Roon Slows Down Over Time, Core Server Reboot Temporarily Fixes Problem

I’m sorry to hear about your experience and your decision. Some time ago I nearly had reached the same point. The problem with the slow-down of Roon with increasing memory usage of course has not been addressed. If anything, in my case it has gotten worse with an ever increasing library size. I am now restarting Roon Server near every day, sometimes every other day. I think this problem is by now well known by Roon, and probably well understood, too. If, how our experience seems to indicate, it is a problem which gets noticeable and impactful only after the library scales above a certain minimum size, and taking into account that only a small number of users have really large libraries, Roon’s need to make economic use of the available resources simply pushes the problem down the prioritization queue. Realizing this, my decision for the moment is to live with it and use the only available workaround – restart Roon Server.

The unlisted thread you are referring to is this one, right?

After Moderators and even Roon staff having several times referenced the workaround described in this thread as ‘useful’, I find it surprising and disrespectful to unlist and hide it. I’ll keep my thinking about the reasons for that to myself. At least I haven’t experienced any more SIGSEGV events. This and other experiences here reinforce my decision to heavily limit my forum participation on all but the What Are We Listening threads.

All the best to you, check back from time to time.

1 Like