Roon Software no longer connects to any of my Google Chromecast

**Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number

HP Elitebook 745 G3 / 16GB AMD PRO a10 processor running Windows 10 Pro v1903/build 18362.1139
Roon version 1.7 (build 667) stable (64bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Plus, AT&T Internet 1000

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chromecast Audio (firmware v1.42.172094) Ethernet connection to home network, connected by Toslink optical to Marantz SR7010 AVR.

Phone LG G6 Android v9 -

I’ve used Roon for several months using my Windows PC as the Roon Core and connecting to the core via my LG phone. My phone no longer connects to the core. When I open Roon on the phone it ‘sees’ the core and displays ‘connecting…’ but continually fails to connect.

When trying to connect to my Chromecast Audio from the core on my PC it fails. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the core and now I can no longer ‘enable’ my Chromecast Audio connection.

Although I rarely connect to my Google Home speakers that I have throughout my home they will no longer connect.

Have you had any windows updates? Try re-registering roon in the windows firewall.

My firewall was the issue (McAfee) settings for Roon and RAATServer. were incorrect. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.