Roon, Sonos and Stereo Pairs - can't ungroup Sonos Play 1s

I have unpaired a set of sonos play 1’s in the sonos app but the roon software still shows the stereo pair, how do you fix this. They are no longer a stereo pair in the sonos app.

Hi @John_Harrington1 ,

I have converted your post to a public thread so that we can better assist you here. Are you still seeing this issue? If so, can you please share a screenshot of the grouped Sonos zones?

I gave up trying to figure out why they would not ungroup. They showed ungrouped in the sonos app but not in ROON. I removed them and added them to back Sonos which seems to have fixed the issue for me. I imagine that it will still be an issue for others.

Aside from that there are several other problems with ROON and SONOS not working together properly. One was the grouped zones dropping out and reconnecting randomly. SONOS was no help and after an hour of troubleshooting they just came up with, “You need to buy a Sonos Boost”. Mind you the zones that were randomly dropping out were within 20’ feet of each other and played grouped with the SONOS app flawlessly but their answer was “Buy another Product”. I seemed to have corrected that after noting that my Sonos ONE speaker was not listed as ROON certified for whatever reason in the ROON Core App. I removed the SONOS ONE and the dropouts seem to have gone away. On top of this the grouped speakers volumes sometime have a mind of their own and will all start to increase their volume to MAX. Once this starts there is no controlling it. You can drag the slider down in the mobile app but it will start to climb again and the only way to stop it is stop the song and shutdown the app. This didn’t happen all of the time and can’t figure out how to reliably repeat it.

So now I have one of my speaker that I can’t use anymore if I want to use ROON to play music at home. Removing the Sonos ONE seemed to correct the zone dropouts but I still have the issue with grouped SONOS speakers and runaway volume randomly.

John

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.