Roon spammed my Tidal Favorites when setting up! [RESOLVED]

I just signed up for Roon, and I seemingly agreed for it to spam my Favorite Album list in Tidal…

First - I would hope Roon wouldn’t do this, at least without a very explicit warning.

Second - how can I remove them in an efficient way??

Try this: https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_I_added_collections_from_Tidal%2C_how_do_remove_that_content%3F

Hmm - thanks, but that seems to be the other way around?

My problem is that Roon actually altered my favorites INSIDE Tidal itself… I never expected it to do that. I agreed to add som Roon-recommended music from various categories. I thought it was for my Roon profile, but Roon just went on and made them all favorites inside Tidal itself… I don’t want them to be my in my Tidal favorites!

Nope.

If you use Roon to add a Tidal favorite, that favorite is created in your Tidal account. And if you use Roon to remove a Tidal favorite, that favorite is removed from your Tidal account.

Roon can alter your Tidal favorites. That is how Roon integrates with Tidal.

AJ

In my opinion this comes up often enough that there should be a tiny bit more verbiage when asking to add collections. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe it’s 100% clear what is happening but I think when you’re flying through the initial dialogs for install it’s easy to say yes to something you wouldn’t normally. Cheers!

1. So - whenever I make a favorite in Roon - it is made a favorite in Tidal? That is good.

2. Will it work the other way around - so that when I make a favorite in Tidal, it is also added in Roon?

Yes to both.

Absolutely, Iorin. It never said anything like this:

“Should Roon permanently add 500 random albums to your favorite Tidal list?”

I am all for a close integration (like when I make a favorite in Roon it also is a favorite in Tidal), but not what I experienced. Roon added more albums than I already had. And 90% of them were uninteresting to me. Roon should expect their new customers to be… new to Roon…

Are there any other chances that Roon will suddenly adds lots of new favorites from now on, or is it just happening in the initial setup?

Thanks for the feedback @hertzberg.

This button used to say something like “Add Collections” but we changed the text to be more clear about where you are adding the content – this is what the button says:

We have been discussing removing this functionality from the initial setup flow, as you are not the first person to be surprised by this.

Hopefully, removing the collections was quick and easy for you, and again, thanks for the feedback.

Hi Thanks, @mike - I am impressed by your fast response and resolute action!

Yes, that “Add Collections” was what it was…

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get all those albums out of my Tidal Favorites. The Tidal desktop/web/android app requres me to remove them one by one - and after each removal it updates the list. So it takes forever. I have several hours (literarly) in front of me cleaning up my lists.

Can you tell me if there is anything Roon will do in that is similar? I am totally fine (and prefer) that when I personally add a favorite in Roon, it is also added as a favorite in Tidal. But I don’t want anymore bulk actions like this!

The link provided above should help you clear out the collections in a couple of minutes.

A post was split to a new topic: Collections Feature

Seems like it doesn’t help me at all. The added albums aren’t tagged. The only tag that is there I have added myself and is still empty…

Hmm, the information about what’s been tagged is stored in your Roon database – any chance you uninstalled Roon after adding the collections? That would wipe the tags away.

Your TIDAL imports maintain the Import date for when they were added to your collection, so should be able to find all the added content by following these steps:

• Visit the Album browser

• Sort by Date Added

• Use Focus > Format to filter the browser to only TIDAL content

• Use Focus > Added to filter to only the day you added this content – at this point you should only be looking at all the stuff you want to delete

• Follow the steps listed in the KB from the second bullet on (“With the album browser “Focused” on the Tags you’ve selected”) – and please be careful that you’re only deleting content you truly want deleted

Hope that helps @hertzberg – let us know if not.

But will these albums be permanently unavaliable from my Roon account? I mean - I will want to listen to some of that music in the future?

Everything available in TIDAL will always be available in Roon – they’re just removed from your library.

I say be careful because there’s no Undo for deletes in Roon, so I’m being extra careful in case you remove an album you actually want in your library, or in case you accidentally select a file on your hard drive.

ok - so just to be clear - if all these are Tidal albums - nothing changes except they are not in my “favorites”. I assume in Roon terms “library” is the equivalent of Tidal favorites, right?