Roon spegne il mio [shuts down my] MacBook Air

Salve, sono nuovo del settore ma utente da diversi anni di Qobuz. Ho installato il trial di Roon da sei giorni sopra un Apple MacBook Air anno 2018 (OS Monterey vs. 12.4, 8Gb RAM, circa 25 Gb liberi su HD).

Ho scaricato le apps Roon sia IOS che Android utilizzando un IPad e uno smartphone Xiaomi come remote control.

Dopo circa 30-40 minuti il MBA si blocca sistematicamente. Succede sempre ad ogni lancio di Roon.

Questo blocco avviene con la sola app Roon in esecuzione, anche senza usare Qobuz ma solo ascoltando il flusso musicale proveniente da una radio internet. Il blocco/spegnimento del MBA avviene sia utilizzando uno streamer Lumin D2 come end-point, sia lo stesso MBA come System Output.

Con Audirvana, utilizzando Qobuz, questo blocco del PC non mi è mai successo.
Avreste qualche buon consiglio da fornirmi in questi rimanenti 8 giorni trial.

Translation

Hi, I’m new to the industry but a user of Qobuz for several years. I have been installing the Roon trial for six days now on top of an Apple MacBook Air year 2018 (OS Monterey vs. 12.4, 8Gb RAM, about 25 Gb free on HD).

I downloaded both iOS and Android Roon apps using an iPad and a Xiaomi smartphone as remote control.

After about 30-40 minutes the MBA crashes systematically. It always happens every time I launch Roon.

This freeze happens with only the Roon app running, even without using Qobuz but only listening to the music stream from an internet radio. The blocking/shutting down of the MBA happens either by using a Lumin D2 streamer as an end-point or the MBA itself as System Output.

With Audirvana, using Qobuz, this blocking of the PC has never happened to me.

Would you have any good advice for me in these remaining 8-day trials.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Hi, I’ve moved your post to the #support

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Roon Server vs. 1.8 (build 970)
macOS Monterey 12.4
Apple MacBook Air 2017
Processore 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core
Memoria 8 GB 1600 MHz DD3

Il provider dell’accesso ad internet é Fastweb e la rete é completamente ottica fino al modem (recente modello Nexxtt) e da questo al Lumin D2 via cavo Ethernet. L’Apple MBA é collegato al modem tramite wifi sempre con un buon segnale costante, almeno così sembra con tutte le altre applicazioni in uso. La mia libreria Qobuz (solo online) é composta da n. 968 album, n. 1084 artisti, n. 15455 tracce, n. 104 playlist. Il collegamento con Qobuz da ogni mio device è perfetto e regolare. Non ho effettuato collegamento a Roon con un HD NAS in cui risiede una libreria di circa n. 270 CD fisicamente inserita in un Cocktail Audio X45. Ma anche attivando questo streamer come end-point di Roon avviene il blocco del sistema sul pc Apple MBA dopo circa mezz’ora di funzionamento dal lancio di Roon. Sempre !! Mi dispiace di non avere specifiche conoscenze informatiche a livello di software e forse questa descrizione può apparire tecnicamente limitata. Ma mi piace decisamente ascoltare musica senza perdere troppo tempo in cervellotiche configurazioni. Grazie.

(Translated by Google)

The internet access provider is Fastweb and the network is completely optical up to the modem (recent Nexxtt model) and from this to the Lumin D2 via Ethernet cable. The Apple MBA is connected to the modem via wifi always with a good constant signal, at least this seems to be the case with all the other applications in use. My Qobuz library (online only) is made up of n. 968 album, no. 1084 artists, n. 15455 traces, n. 104 playlists. The connection with Qobuz from each of my devices is perfect and regular. I have not connected to Roon with an HD NAS in which a library of about n resides. 270 CDs physically inserted into a Cocktail Audio X45. But even if you activate this streamer as Roon’s end-point, the system locks up on the Apple MBA PC after about half an hour of operation from the launch of Roon. All time !! I am sorry that I have no specific computer knowledge at the software level and perhaps this description may appear technically limited. But I definitely like listening to music without wasting too much time on brainwashing configurations. Thank you.

Hello @Franco_Piccini ,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about the difficulties here. First of all, I wanted to say that we’ve extended your Roon trial so that we can have some more time to figure out what is going on regarding this issue.

As for the issue itself, are there any more details you can provide when it occurs? Do you see the Roon app become completely unresponsive and there is a “beach ball” for the Roon window? Can you let us know the exact local time + date when the next issue occurs? We can enable diagnostics after and see if logs have any clues for the error.

Thank you!

(Translated by Google)

Ciao @Franco_Piccini,

Grazie per averci contattato e mi dispiace per le difficoltà qui. Prima di tutto, volevo dire che abbiamo esteso la tua prova di Roon in modo da poter avere un po’ più di tempo per capire cosa sta succedendo riguardo a questo problema.

Per quanto riguarda il problema stesso, ci sono altri dettagli che puoi fornire quando si verifica? Vedi che l’app Roon non risponde completamente e c’è un “pallone da spiaggia” per la finestra di Roon? Puoi farci sapere l’ora locale esatta + la data in cui si verifica il prossimo problema? Possiamo abilitare la diagnostica dopo e vedere se i registri hanno indizi per l’errore.

Grazie!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.