Roon Started to Get Stuck on Loading Screen

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Lenova Yoga 900/Windows 10/127.0.0.1

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Virgin Media Hub 3.0/5Ghz Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chromecast Audio connected by optical lead into Audiolab 8200CDQ

Description Of Issue

In the past few week Roon is getting stuck on the loading page. It has been working fine for the past year and I haven’t made any changes to my setup. It may coincide with a Windows 10 update, but I’m not sure. I have uninstalled Roon and Roon Server and reinstalled with the 32bit option. I have updated all the drivers on my computer from the manufacturers website and also tried turning off all the Windows firewalls. These are all the things I have found from previous posts. Still no luck.

Thanks

Nick

FWIW I applied the 2 Win 10 updates yesterday with no issues. Roon is running fine. If it helps I reboot every day in summer, maybe a reboot could help?

The other thought is Anti Virus, I use Defender with my music files data drive excluded

It could be that you have the same problem as I have. See my support thread:

Roon 1.7(build 667) does not start anymore

Sorry for the trouble here, @Nick_Solomon!

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

Roon logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddz1fux0uxfkydy/nsolomon.ceng%40gmail.com.zip?dl=0

Roon Server logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wxov813o9r2jmu/nsolomon.ceng%40gmail.com_server.zip?dl=0

Thanks

Hi @Nick_Solomon,

We reviewed the logs you shared, and I think we might need some additional details from your machine to understand what’s happening here.

First, can you send Event Viewer logs?

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save
  8. Share the file with us via Dropbox or another file sharing service

Second, can you try disabling any Firewall or antivirus software running on your machine and try to launch Roon again? Any change?

Hi Dylan,

Here is a link to the event log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwdh7qj0g6xaatm/Roon_NSolomon.evtx?dl=0

I turned off all firewall protection like this:

I am using AVG AntiVirus:

Not sure if there is anything else I need to turn off there? Roon is still not loading.

Thanks

Nick

@dylan , have you managed to look at this yet?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay here, @Nick_Solomon! We are still working on getting feedback on this from our QA team. @noris will follow up ASAP on this!

1 Like

Hi @Nick_Solomon,

Thank you for you patience here while we reviewed logs. Looking over the traces, it appears you may have an issue with your TIDAL account preventing Roon from starting properly.

We have a ticket in the dev queue regarding this behavior, but in the meantime, I have sent you a private message with manual steps that should help (my message should show up as a green “1” in your notifications)!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.