Roon states my Windows 11 Computer is not Compatible with Roon 2.0

Roon Core Machine

Innuos Zenith MKIII

Roon runs just fine on my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G phone, runs just fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 table (both are have the latest Android OS) but will not run on my Hewlet Packard Pavilion Desktop running Windows 11 Home an Intel i-7 chip, 16 GB of RAM with a 1 TB ssd. This is so after Roon ran just fine on that PC for years, including after I updated to Roon 2.x

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I am not using a VPN but am using the Verizon Fios G3100 Router (feed with fiber optic) to my Innuos Zenith MKIII and I also have two separte ProJect StreamBox S2 Ultra’s set up in different rooms.

Connected Audio Devices

Innuos Zenith MKIII, Project StreamBox S2 Ultra x2 – these are all conected to the internet via ethernet cable and connected to their respective DAC’s via usb 2 cables. Note all cables are of sufficient quality and worked perfect for 3 years and still do except for Roon 2.0 not working on my Windows 11 computer.

Number of Tracks in Library

1,000 or so Albums, so 1500 to 2000 tracks.

Description of Issue

As decribed above and Roon no longer reconizes either Project StreamBox S2 Ultra. This all started after a 5 hour power outage a few months ago. I have rebooted all devices many times and renistalled Roon on all devices more than twice, since. Now I can only get the Zenith to work through Roon through the Samsung tablet or phone. The Project Streamers will only work through the Project software. The Zenith also works just fine through its Sense software. Most of my music is streamed through Qobuz and I would prefer to manage it through Roon. I do need very detailed help and know almost nothing about networking and computers.

You have probably turned on a Windows Compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows for the Roon program a while back. With the latest versions of Roon, this is no longer needed and should be turned off. See this thread:

1 Like

Excellent! Thank-you, that fixed the problem with Roon not running on my Windows 11 Computer. I can now see and control my Zenith streamer from all 3 devices.

However, Roon still does not “see” either of my two Project S2 Ultra streamers on any of my devices (phone, tablet or computer) when it always saw and played them for years before the power outage.

I rebooted each, multiple time, removed and reinserted the ethernet cord from each multiple times, but Roon still does not see them.

I hope you have a solution, or at least a couple of suggestions. (Remember, the Project software can still see them and control them and Windows lists them as part of my network but Roon cannot see them).

Have you tried rebooting your network and then the core and then the endpoints?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.