Roon Stopped on end of track

I’ve had the same problem where roon sticks at the end of a song and won’t continue until I press the fast forward button. Here’s a screenshot of it stuck playing from Tidal.

In the time that it took me to write this message, it moved on to the next song.

Hello @John_Fox ,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does the issue only impact one audio zone in partiuclar?

Hi @noris,

I am quoting my original post and including the additional information requested

I almost never use any other zone, so yes it only happend on this zone.

I have not encountered the problem since the prior post, but I am providing the detail you requested in the hope that you will be able to find the underlying cause of the problem.

I have also updated to the most recent release of roon since the prior post.

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

Roon Server (FS):
Dell R730XD

• Dual Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz Model 79 Stepping 1 2400 MHz
  • 128G DDR-4 2400Mhz ECC RAM
  • 1 Intel® GbE 4P I350-t rNDC network interface card
  • 1 21TB Raid-5 Array of 4 12Gbps 8TB SAS 7200RPM
  • PERC H730P Mini (Embedded) Integrated RAID Controller 1 Firmware Ver: 25.5.4.0006 DriverVer: 7.716.03.00 Cache: 2048 MB
    Hypervisor: DELL ESXi 7.02_U2
    Virtual OS Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Version 6.3.9600
    Virtual CPU = 8 Cores
    Virtual RAM = 20GB
    Virtual Drive = 10TB thinly provisioned partition on the 21TB Raid array
    Virtual Network Adapter: VM Network
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
    Intel NUC
    Model NUC8BEB
    Version J72688-303
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.867]

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

All network connections are 1Gb wired ethernet

• Audio devices in use
    PS Audio DIrect Strream DAC with Bridge II
    Anthem AVM-60 Preamp
    Anthem PVA-7 Amp
    Focal Sopra No. 2 Loudspeakers

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library) *

Using Tidal Streaming service

1 Like

I do not believe it is system dependent. I can’t recall it ever happening to me but it did happen yesterday. Forty tracks left in a playlist and it finishes a track and just fails to continue on its own. This is on a system that prior to the very latest update had zero issues. Call me a canary. 778 here.

Hi @aangen,

I’m in the same boat. I only started experiencing that problem since upgrading to Version 1.8

1 Like

Hi @John_Fox ,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has resolved itself! If you see this behavior re-occur, can you please let us know the time + date + track of the next occurrence? Thanks!

Hi @noris,

The problem just occurred on this track on 6/29/2021 @ ~9:26 PM EDT.

Here is a snip of it being stuck:

Here is a snip of the album:

1 Like

@noris, I thought this might be usefull too.

In case it is somehow related. I played the whole album and the next track in my queue was this one.

That is on the following Album:

Hello @John_Fox ,

Apologies for the delay here, it looks like we missed your follow-up here. Thank you for letting me know those timestamps and screenshots!

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is generate and upload a log set to our servers for analysis.

I can confirm that the log report has been received and is awaiting further feedback from our hardware team.

In the meantime, can you please confirm that you seeing this issue on the latest Roon release and are using the latest firmware on your PS Audio DAC? Thanks!

Hi @noris,

Yes, I am using the latest firmware on the PSAudio DAC.

However I realized that something has changed since I sent the diagram. I am no longer streaming music to the DAC using ethernet. Now I am using a USB connection instead.

If you look at that diagram, picture a USB connection between the Intel NUC and the PS Audio DAC.

Thanks for the help,
John

1 Like

Hello @John_Fox ,

Thank you for confirming the PSAudio is up-to-date! Next time you see this error, can you please note the time + date + track affected and use these instructions to send us a set of Roon and RAATServer logs from the Remote PC (the one that the PSAudio is connected to). Please note, the Remote logs are different than the Core logs. If you have any issues accessing them, just let me know and I can clarify, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.