Roon stops playing Macbook - XR500 - Linn Majik DSM

For my case I playing Roon with Linn Majik DSM in morning.
only this time problem occur.
All daytime playing Roon with Raspberry pi non stop.
Problem don’t occur.

Hello @YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

I have just received the initial report from QA and they have said that you seem to be experiencing a network related issue here, the songs don’t fully load in time meaning you either:

1. Have a slow internet connection that is unable to keep up with streaming of high-quality music
  2. The router has a firewall preventing fast delivery of the music to Roon

Can you please let me know the following:

• What happens when you use only Music saved on your computer and not TIDAL, does it still cause dropouts on the Magik?
  • What is the Model and Manufacturer of your Router?
  • What is your download/upload internet speed? You can check this by navigating to Speedtest.net or Fast.com and see what it says under “Download Speed” and “Upload Speed”. Please let me know those values, should be in Mbps or Kbps.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello noris,
In case of use saving music of my pc,music do not stop with Linn Majik.
My router is I-O DATA WN-G300R3.
I trying Speediest.net,Download 84.77Mbps , Upload 93.21Mbps.

Hello @YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

Thanks for confirming those details with me. My follow up question is what happens when you plug the PC into your router directly with an Ethernet cable? Does the music still stop then? I noticed that the router you have is one of the older types 2.4Ghz N-Band routers, meaning that it can only support a maximum of 300Mbps connection speed which may be insufficient for high-quality audio. You would need a 5Ghz Band compatible router for higher quality network steaming or have the connection directly through Ethernet for all your devices. Can you please connect the Core computer (i5 3470) directly to your Router with cable and let me know what your results are then?

Thanks,
Noris

Hello noris ,
I tried my Ron core PC directly connected with Ethernet cable the base router.
Router is [Aterm BL190HW].
But this morning stops playing Roon.
Why?

Hello @YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

Do you by any chance remember around what time Roon stopped playing? Time stamps are very helpful in narrowing down what could be going wrong, even just an approximate hour can help us out a lot.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello noris,
This morning stops at about 7:05AM.
Then now playing Roon not stop.
Then now stops at 7:50AM.

@YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

Thanks for letting me know those timestamps, I have added them to your case. We will be in touch after QA has had a chance to analyze those timestamps and provide additional troubleshooting suggestions.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

I apologize for the slight delay in getting back to you here. We were discussing your case with one of our senior developers and he believes that the issue lies with the Router that you are using in the setup. Would it be possible for you to try to use another router to see if the issue still persists? Also, when you notice these dropouts, does the internet continue to work as expected? As in can you open up websites at the exact time of the dropout or is the internet failing altogether when music stops on your Linn? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello noris,
Every morning I playing Roon with LINN .
But don’t stops playing Roon even now.
I don’t know why.
Now stops Roon at 7:10 AM 6/23.
Stops 7:21 AM too.
Stops 7:58 AM.
Also today(6/24) stops playing roon at 7:19 PM.
Today(6/25)stops at 2:51PM.
Stops at 3:08PM too.
Stops at 3:32PM.
Stops at 3:52PM.
I tried another router [WHR-HP-G300N] too.
This router stops too.
I bought LINN MAJIK DSM in April new one.
Stops at 9:38PM.
Today(6/28) stops at about 7:00AM.
Today(6/29) stops at 7:38AM.

Dear Noris,

Now I have the new setup up and running with an ethernet cable between the Macbook and the XR500. I will let you know how it goes.

Regards/Anders

Hello @YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

I apologize about the delay in getting back to you here, unfortunately our systems do not notify us when users make edits to original posts, if you have new information to share please leave it as as a new comment instead of editing the post so that we can receive a notification.

Thank you for trying the different router, I have gone ahead and consulted with our QA team who have proposed the following tests, can you please try:

• Playing local media to a local zone (such as the built-in speakers)
  • Playing local media to the Linn zone
  • Playing TIDAL media to a local zone (such as the built-in speakers)
  • Playing TIDAL media to the Linn zone

Please let me know if any of these tests fail or if you are experiencing the stopping when using local media vs when using TIDAL media.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Anders_Hornbacher,

Please let me know how it is working now that you connected it with Ethernet and if you are still experiencing the same issues.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello noris,
What is local zone?
Is local zone Roon Core PC or another Roon bridge PC?
Sorry.

Hello @YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

I apologize if I was not clear enough, by local zone I meant any kind of device that is not the Linn DAC, one of my suggestions is trying to play from your computer’s build in speakers if possible and seeing if that works. As for ‘local media’ that would be files you have saved on your computer that are not streamed from TIDAL. Please let me know your results when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello noris,
I tried
Playing local media to a local zone (such as the built-in speakers)
Playing local media to the Linn zone
Playing TIDAL media to a local zone (such as the built-in speakers)
Playing TIDAL media to the Linn zone.
All try do not stop.

Thanks,
YOSHIHIRO YAMADA

Hello noris,
Today Roon stops playing TIDAL Linn zone at 7:05AM.

Hello @YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

Since this behavior is occurring randomly, we need to look at each step from when the music is taken from TIDAL to reach your Linn device.

To test if this issue is because of the network I propose we run a ping test to see if the rest of the network stops too when Roon stops playing.

For us to perform this step, please open Command Prompt on your Windows machine and paste this in Command Prompt:

ping -t google.com|cmd /q /v /c “(pause&pause)>nul &for /l %a in () do (for /f “delims=*” %a in (‘powershell get-date -format “{ddd dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss}”’) do (set datax=%a) && set /p “data=” && echo([!datax!] - !data!)&ping -n 2 localhost>nul”

What this command will do is ask google’s servers if it is active. If it is active, it should look like this:

Please leave this application open and running in the background. When you see the next Linn playback failure, please take a look at command prompt to see if there are any errors at that time.

Here I have manually disconnected my computer from Wifi to show you what it looks like when my internet goes offline:

Please check the command prompt during the time the playback stops and provide a screenshot if the network goes offline. If the ping test shows that network goes offline when the playback stops, that would be the issue in this case. Please let me know after you have had a chance to run this test and your findings.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello noris,
I tried command Prompt paste
ping -t google.com|cmd /q /v /c “(pause&pause)>nul &for /l %a in () do (for /f “delims=*” %a in (‘powershell get-date -format “{ddd dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss}”’) do (set datax=%a) && set /p “data=” && echo([!datax!] - !data!)&ping -n 2 localhost>nul”
this.
And it appears “powershell not found”.
What do I do?

Hello @YOSHIHIRO_YAMADA,

I was hoping that powershell is installed on your computer, it comes installed with most version of windows but not to worry, we can do the test without it although there will be no time displayed for you as I have it in my screenshots.

This command will work without powershell:

ping -t google.com

You will need to keep a closer look on that log when Roon fails because as I mentioned there will be no timestamps and it is a constant stream of data. Please let me know if you receive any “Request Timed Out” errors if you see Roon stop playing at that same time.

Thanks,
Noris