Roon stops playing next tack in queue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

CPU: Xeon® CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Roon 1.8 build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-LM (Gb)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LS50 Wireless II Chromecast and Airplay - Ethernet only

Description Of Issue

Ever since upgrading to 1.8 I very frequently have next tracks not start playing when they come up in the queue. I have to switch to whatever Roon client I’m using for control (Mac/PC/Android) to play the track. Roon thinks it’s playing, will always be stuck at 0:00 of the track, and I have to click the Pause button and then Play in order to get the track going and the queue to continue. I know for sure this happens when source is Qobuz, but think I’ve also experienced it with local library hosted my NAS.

[edit] I’ve just confirmed that it happens on my local library as well.

It’s seemingly random but frequent; it could play most tracks on an album, or might stop playing several songs in a row. This behavior never occurred in 1.7 builds.

Hi David
I have exactly the same problem.
Peter

Hello @David_Cluck,

Can you note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and manually send me a copy of your Roon Logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

-John

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Roon does not play next track in queue

Issue resolved in latest build

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.