Roon stops working when Mac screen turns off

I know this is a very old topic but was this ever fixed?

I have the exact same issue and it just started out of nowhere a month ago or so. Before, if the imac screen went to sleep it didn’t disrupt my roon playback at all because it’s set to not put hard drives to sleep and only the screen. Now as soon as the screen goes to sleep the whole playback shuts down.

my iMac’s Roon App does not ‘crash’ per se, but it’s no longer reachable by any remote, so essentially also not usable. I have to restart the App to get remotes to reconnect. Very frustrating.

Hi @Aaron_Underwood & @Darrel_Niemann ,

I’ve split your posts as the previous thread is very old and there have been many Roon releases since then. Can you please share some more information regarding your setups? Model of the Mac, Operating System, sleep setting?

Sure in my case, we have: iMac (Intel) 27 inch, 2017 Retina. Monterey 12.2.1
Current sleep settings:

1 Like

I have the exact same settings, same computer too and OS.

Never had this issue in the past, it only started in the past few months for me, it’s driving me crazy that I have to go upstairs and wake up the display (HD is still running), unlock the screen and then it starts back up again.

I used to be able to go to roon on my laptop to start some music or from my phone and it would work everytime.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.