Roon system suddenly not working, will not connect with audio devices although Sooloos does

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus Version 1 (build 227) stable/192.168.1.16 Version 1.8 (build 814) stable

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Draytek router, Luxul switch using Wi/Fi

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian system, connects via Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Approx 28,000 tracks

Description of Issue

When I open Roon it shows that the Nucleus is connected and so is the drive that contains my music. However it does not find any of my audio devices and also says that my music may be offline which is odd considering it shows the drive is connected. Is shows 0 albums, tracks or artists.

This has got to be a Roon issue as I opened my old Sooloos software and this is working perfectly well and sees all my music and audio devices.

I guess you have altered the software as Roon is now asking me to take a free trial of Tidal or Quobuz (neither of which I wii ever want). I just want to listen to my own library and find it incredibly frustrating that I can’t do that.

Hi @Peter_Goodman, I’m sorry for the trouble here. Can you please take a look at this article? Following the instructions to restore Roon here should help:

1 Like

OK Dylan

I’ve done all that and I now have my music back and it’s recognising all my audio devices. However I’m getting a notice that says:

“Roon is having trouble verifying your connection with our servers, so metadata improvement has been paused. Check your internet connection and make sure that you’re running the latest version of Roon.”

My internet connection is working fine and when I try to update the Roon software it says I already have a more up-to-date version.

I notice in the Storage section is states 39696 tracks imported and 6869 files scanned which seems odd?

Regards
Peter

Hi @Peter_Goodman, we have information about that error here in our Help Center: