Roon/Tidal Issues

@support. Periodically I have a problem playing Tidal tracks, albums, playlists from within Roon (works fine when Tidal via Chrome). See image below for the error message that I get from Roon. This is a particularly bad form of the problem as Roon isn’t playing anything from Tidal at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Tidal

I thought it’s a Tidal issue:

The K7 compilation is neither available in Tidal OS app nor in Roon. Even though the Tidal app says it’s offline, it’s not - the next album on my list (Pavarotti) is readily available.

Hi @James_Bailey,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this always occur with specific content, or is the content that this occurs with sometimes able to be played as well?

Describe Your Setup

Roon Version 1.5, build 363, 64bit.

OS 10.13.6

MacMjni mid 2011, 16gb RAM, 1TB Solid State Drive.

Music stored on MacMini (internal) Hard Drive. I believe the connection type is SATA?

Collection size (according to ROON): 5100 Albums, 70,132 tracks, 2023 artists

Describe The Issue: Intermittently unable to play Tidal Tracks. Sometimes the period of time is brief. At other times it is relatively lengthy. The current problem has been on-going for 24+ hours. In this case–which isn’t always true–it seems to involve all Tidal tracks (although clearly I can’t really verify that to be the case).

Network: Verizon Fios, Linksys Velop Wireless Mesh Network with one parent node and two child nodes. Mac Mini wired directly to Linksys Velop child node. Parent node connected directly to Verizon Fios router. So it’s basically a wireless network. Firmware updated a few weeks ago. I believe that Linksys pushes out Firmware upgrades as they become available.

Tidal details:
What country your Tidal account is from? USA
Whether you have a Premium or Hifi (lossless) account: HiFi (lossless)
A link to the song(s) you’re trying to play on the Tidal website: https://tidal.com/track/1311651 (one of many, many examples)
What you’re seeing for Library Sync Time on the Services tab of Settings; I can’t find this.
If the issue involves a playlist that is failing to sync, please let us know (it includes problems with playlists but, as I say above, it involves every Tidal track I try to play through Roon).

Playback: Doesn’t playback on every configuration I have which includes Squeezebox Touch, MacMini Output, Oppo 205, etc.

Hi @James_Bailey,

Thanks for the info here! Just to verify, local content is playing okay, correct?

In the past we have seen Google DNS help with similar reports. Can you try using Google DNS and let us know if you notice a change?

Dylan–

Yes, local stuff works fine. FWIW, I restarted my MacMini last night and that seemed to have solved the problem for now. I’ll see if I can figure out how to use Google DNS. Sounds like it might be more reliable.
Thanks for your help.

Jim

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.