Roon to Ultra Rendu connection issue

Thanks Noris, I believe I followed your steps. Here are successive screen shots.

this second one is for trying to enable sqeexbox:

I then got this error message:
I chose roon ready:
and here is the screen shot of trying to get the ULTRARendu recognized to enable:

Noris… one more note. I did go to the apps switch on Sonicorbiter and toggled boy turning on squeezebox and then again Roonready… still in Roon Settings>Audio this is my current screen shot:

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

Just to confirm, you have been able to successfully enable the squeezelite function after you saw that Error 500 message? If not, please try again, the Squeezelite option is listed under the Apps screen of the screenshot you provided, highlighted here:

SqueezeElite

Also, you will need to enable the “Squeezebox Support” in Roon Settings -> Setup as that option is not listed in Audio.

Can you please confirm you have performed both of these steps?

Thanks,
Noris

@support. I completed these two steps and still no Settings>Audio… UltraRendu

Noris, I reversed these steps by switching back to Roon Ready in Sonicorbiter, and turning off Squeezebox set-up in Roon… still in Settings>Audio the UltraRendu is not listed.

Noris, is there an explanation why when I first logged onto Roon, your records show the UltraRendu in Audio output, but never since?

If I could enable the UltraR using an ethernet cable directly to the UR by passing my router I would… but even with that hook-up in place, NO URendu on the Audio output page recognized to enable.

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

I only noticed the UltraRendu in the logs once as a detected device by RAATServer and no other times since that initial attempt so something must have changed in the setup.

Since we have performed all of the above troubleshooting, this leaves just a few variables in the equations:

• The Router
  • The Ultrarendu itself

You wouldn’t by any chance have another Router around the house to test this setup to eliminate one of the variables?

I have also escalated your issue with the QA team to see if they have any additional suggestions for you and will let you know what their response after I receive it. I would recommend testing the setup with another Router if possible until the QA team comments on your case.

Thanks,
Noris

I understand. I will buy another new router that is more current.
Since I live in Mexico, give me a few days to get back to you.’

I agree it may be the Ultrarendu, which would be unfortunate given my location and issue of returning it for repair.

If your team has any other suggestions I will continue to monitor this thread in the meantime.
Thanks so much Noris for trying.

Best to you,
Doug

Hey Doug,

Sorry for the trouble here. Can you confirm two things for me? You’ll need to go into the Ultra Rendu web interface.

First, what are you seeing in Apps > Audio App Switcher? It should look like this:

Second, can you paste a screenshot of what you’re seeing in Apps > DAC diagnostics?

Another really good test here would be to connect the Ultra Rendu directly to your router. Setup your Core how you intend to run it, but leave the power line ethernet aside for now.

The idea is to make a small, simple network and see if Roon can find the DAC attached to the Rendu. If that works, you’re on your way.

I’m sure @support can get this working for you, Doug. Thanks!

And please make sure the ultraRendu is plugged into a functioning DAC at all times when testing!

Yes Scott, I have had the MiniMax DAC connected via USB and powered on during ALL of the suggested testing.

Do you see the green light on at the back of the ultraRendu all the time?

Yes Scott, the Ultrarendu light has been consistently green, which to me confirms the TP Link… as the lights on that unit show it also is connected to the other TP Link unit tied to my router.

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

The QA team is reviewing your case on what could be going wrong here, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide the information that Mike requested (copied below) so that we can have all the necessary information available to present to them.

Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Noris here are the screen shots Mike wants. The DAC diagnostics are two shots to accommodate the entire page information that ONE screenshot can’t capture.

@DOUG_WEST,

Thank you for providing those screenshots for us, they will be very helpful. I will be in touch again once QA has concluded their report and has passed it back to me. Appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Noris

One more puzzle piece for you Noris, last night I was playing Roon from my Mac core via usb: to my MiniMax: to my system.
The MiniMax DAC therefore does not seem to me to be the issue.

I want you to do a few things.

1. On the Rendu go to Settings / System Settings, completely delete the Custom DAC entries you added and press Save.
  2. On the Rendu go to Apps / Software Manager and press Update. When it’s done reboot the unit.
  3. On boot go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save. Go to DAC Diagnostics and press the 100% volume button. Make sure your DAC is listed in DAC Diagnostics. Go to Roon Settings / Audio and see if the Rendu is listed.

Jesus… Thank You!
All three steps complete and in Settings>Audio I was able to ENABLE Roon Ready Sonore ultraRendu.

My only other question is how do I get the output from my core to the ultraRendu via my router? It is not playing. My Mac core only has the internal speaker as an option in System Preferences>Sound>Output.

Again thank you. Doug

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

Glad to hear that Jesus’ instructions worked for you. You should first try to connect the UltraRendu directly via Ethernet to your Router before attempting through the TP-Link Powerline.

Please connect the UltraRendu directly to your Router and then connect a DAC to the UltraRendu to see if the DAC shows up under Roon -> Audio -> Networked. I recommend you try the Dragonfly first, see if that works, and then switch over to your original Eastern Electric to confirm if that works as well. Only after confirming that both of these options work when connected directly through the router then should you attempt to try the Powerline setup.

Thanks,
Noris

Okay and Thanks Noris. I will do this today and if I have any problems I will let you know.

Doug

@support
Noris, I have confirmed the two steps you last mentioned directly connecting the ultraRendu to my router and in Sonicorbiter confirming reading both the Dragonfly and the Easter Electric DAC.

Please provide instructions for proceeding to network to provide a feed from my core through my TP Links ethernet connections to output to the ultraRendu>DAC>Audio system.

How do I now network this all together?

THANKS! Doug

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

Glad to hear that you’ve been able to get the Sonicorbiter up and running, this is great news!

While we don’t recommend using the TP Powerline Adapters (and instead recommend direct hardwire to a switch if possible) you can set up your network using them in the following way:

• Connect one end of the TP Link to the wall outlet, and attach an Ethernet cable from the TP-Link to a LAN port on the Router
  • Connect the TP-Link Receiver to the outlet closes to the destination room

If you have a switch around the house:

• Ideally connect an unmanaged switch to the Powerline Reciever
  • Connect an Ethernet cable from switch to the Rendu
  • Connect an Ethernet cable from the switch to the Core

If you do not have a switch around the house:

• Connect the UltraRendu as you were doing so before to the Powerlink
  • Connect the Core via Wifi (or as the second Ethernet connection on the Powerline Adapter if it supports this)

Again, while we don’t recommend this setup, it is possible but powerline adapters have been know to cause issues with music playback so hardwire from the Router to a switch and the switch connecting to the devices directly is always preferred as that would be more stable than using the TP-Link Powerline. Please let me know what model of the TP-Links you have as well if possible. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Noris