Roon V1.7 skipping Qobuz content

Hi @dylan,

I did some experimenting this weekend. It takes a lot of time, because the skipping isn’t that frequent, although very annoying, as you probably can imagine.

Skipping occurs with Qobuz and Tidal content.

I tried two other endpoints. First a remote, an Android tablet. Second my NUC, but instead of Euphony/StylusEP I used Euphony/Roon Bridge. In both cases skipping occurred.

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (latest firmware). The router, NAS, Roon core machine and NUC endpoint are connected through a Netgear Prosafe FS105 switch.

Please let me know what I can do to help find a solution.

Thanks,

Marc

Hi @iamoneagain and @Favio_Barrionuevo,

Indeed, that’s what’s happening in my case too.

Cheers,

Marc

I’ve been having similar issues. Seems to happen more frequently with my Sonos endpoints.

Hi @Bluebeat — Thanks for the update.

If you lower the quality settings in Roon for TIDAL + Qobuz as a temporary test do you notice any change?

If you notice any patterns — Any specific tracks, types of tracks, endpoints, or settings that seem to trigger this more often, please let us know!

Hi @dylan,

I’ve been playing with lowered quality settings for Tidal and Qobuz for 7 hours straight without any skipping.

It’s hard to say if there’s a clear pattern, I haven’t detected any. Local files haven’t skipped so far. Qobuz content seems more susceptible than Tidal. But this is hardly a trustworthy observation as - when Roon radio is doing the selection of tracks - more Qobuz tracks come up, which might be connected to the fact that I use Qobuz more often and have more Qobuz tracks in my library. By far the most tracks that skipped played for 50% or less. A few times skipping occured after 80% of the track had played.

Tomorrow I’ll play max quality again, and will provide timestamps if and when tracks skip.

Marc

Hey @Bluebeat, @Jason_O_Conal, @Urbndwellr,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how things are going?

Thanks!

More details are here:

Thanks @mike @dylan , I’ll report back.

1 Like

@dylan @mike
So far, so good. I haven’t experienced skipping since build 505. Thanks for the quick solution!
Cheers,
Marc

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.