Roon won't remember my login

Core Machine ()

Windows 10 pro/System info/Roon 1.7 Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet cable into a Google mesh wifi hub

Audio Devices ()

Schiit Bifrost 2 over USB

Description Of Issue

Roon keeps asking for my email and password every time to go to listen. Specifically if I’ve let the computer go to sleep or restart. If I close and immediately reopen it doesn’t so this.

I’ve poured over the settings and don’t see an option I’m missing where it will remember my login. It’s happy to remember my Qobuz login, but won’t do the same for itself. I’m running the Roon Server and Roon on the same computer and it’s the only device I have.

Please help, this is very annoying to have to type in a long email and password on my home computer when I just want to relax and listen to music.

Hi @Joe_Spagnola,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out!

Can I please ask that you let me know the exact local time + date you next see this issue occur and let me know this in the thread?

I can enable diagnostics mode for your account after and ask QA to review your logs, thanks!

It just happened at 8:53 AM Central time in the US on 9/4.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple days ago, but this was the first time I tried logging in after closing roon and leaving the computer for a long time.

1 Like

Hi @Joe_Spagnola,

Thanks for letting me know that timestamp! I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. Once this report is received, I will ask QA to review, thanks!

Thank you.

I just wanted to post that it just happened again at 4:10pm central time in the US today on 9/4

1 Like

Thanks for those timestamps @Joe_Spagnola! I can confirm that logs have been received by our servers and I have added your ticket to the review queue for QA. Once I have their completed report, I’ll reach out once more, thanks!

I too am having this issue. Roon does not remember my username nor password if I shut it down. If there’s a switch to flip that will enable it to remember username and password, I have not been able to find it. If this feature doesn’t exist, it surely needs to.

Running Roon Core on a MacBook Pro 10.15.6 Catalina 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

Hi @Richard_Blatt,

Welcome to the forum! This is unexpected behavior, we are looking into this.
Can you please let me know here the exact local time + date you see this error occur on your end?

I have the same behaviour!
It only happens sporadically, but from time to time, for no apparent reason, when I launch the app, Roon forces me to login again. When this happens, the fired login happens regardless of the control app I am using (I…e Windows 10PC and IOS)

Noris, the exact time and date seems like it ought to be irrelevant? I shut down the Roon Core every night around the same time, typically around 11pm -12am Pacific time (US). The next day, when I boot the core up, it requires me to enter my credentials each day in order to log in. Surely my log in and log out times are recorded on your end?

Hello Noris, for the sake of clarity:
Today, I shut Roon down at 5:23pm PDT 17 September 2020, and then restarted the program a minute later without shutting down the computer, and Roon remembered my credentials.
Then, at 5:25 PDT, I shut down the Core computer and restarted it. After reboot, Roon logged itself back in without incident.
Every time I power down the Core computer at night, however, it forgets my credentials when I log in the next morning. This seems strange, and not a desired “feature”.

1 Like

Hi @noris, here’s a screen shot of what I see what I started Roon at 10:12am Pacific Time today, 18 March, 2020.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I see but in dark mode: at 1:47pm central time after launching roon for the first time today.

1 Like

the same problem I have. Roon keeps asking for my email and password if I’ve let the computer go to sleep or restart.

1 Like

Thank you all for the reports, I’ve forwarded them to the QA team and we are looking into this further.

Hey @noris
Will you be able to give us some feedback or progress report on this issue?
I would hate to think that referring this to the “QA Team” is the modern-day equivalent of “Referring to a Committee” from Yes Minister :slight_smile:

Its a small issue…but VERY frustrating!
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Myers1,

I just checked the status of the ticket and I see that QA is still looking into this! I don’t have a progress update for you quite yet, thanks for your patience while we investigate this further!

2 Likes

Hey Noris…Any News on this bug being fixed?
I am coming to the end of my trial in next few days and I am not sure I want to subscribe when a known easy, but extremely annoying bug like this cant get fixed!

some problem here!

Same here, 9 days of my trial left and still need to log in every time.