Roon won't remember my login

Roon is a a server and if you turn it off, it will rescan your entire library. And with a library that size that process will take time.

Unfortunately, changing the internet settings of my router didnā€™t make a differenceā€¦ had to log in again this morning.

Hi. Iā€™m using Roon trial and noticed this same behaviour. I run Roon core(server) on my Mac and it forgets the logins once a day. I usually shutdown the machine for nights. Doesnt matter what client it is, both the Mac client and IOS(Ipad) clients asks the password once per day :frowning: Whatā€™s worst, it does not have that ā€œautofill / rememberā€ feature, so i need to type it by hand or paste manually.

Any update for this fix ? My trial is ending in 4 days :frowning:

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacBook Air/OS Catalina/Roon build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus AC1300/on WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device youā€™re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB

Description Of Issue

I have to find my password every time I run your program, which is unusual and inconvenient. Is there any way to get Roon to remember my login info, so I donā€™t have to authenticate every time?

This is a bug that is being investigated.

I use trial Roon and am experiencing the same issue. Being installed on my Windows 10 PC Roon asks me for credentials every time it starts in the morning.

1 Like

Same problem here. Every time I start Roon on my MacBook my username and password are requiredā€¦

I just booted up Roon for the first time in a few days, and was quite pleased that it logged me in automatically. This problem seems solved to me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dear Roonlabs,

Iā€™m currently for 2 days into my trial period, and I have exactly the same problem reported above by many other users. Seems every new day after rebooting the core server, as well as the remote app, Iā€™m getting asked to re-login again, very annoying for this kind of product!

However, when I shutdown the server and remote, trying to reproduce the issue, it works without a problem. Itā€™s only when I do use the system again the next day, it occurs again? Of course, since Iā€™m only using it for 2 days (2 days in my trial period), I had only the issue twice. But it doesnā€™t look very promising.

Small note, as of today, the Roon Server is only up and running during the moments Iā€™m using it for streaming audio, the remaining time the server is switched off. My use case will be the same once it would get installed on a final Mac Mini server; basically only starting the server when I plan to use it, the remaining time keeping it switched off. Maybe this use case is similar to the other users having this issue and maybe this is a use case being used less by other users; and maybe they donā€™t have the issue due to the fact they keep their server up and running all the time?

This problem (and having a fix for it) will play an important decision factor for me to invest or not to invest further in this product, I hope to get this issue fixed in the next 12 days of my trial period ;-)?

My infrastructure:

• Roon Server version 1.7 build 667 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise
  • Roon Remote version 1.7 build 610 installed on iPad Air 2 running iOS 14.1
  • Roon Ready Auralic Aries G2 streamer version 7.2.1 build 20201101, connected to Accuphase DC-37 DAC

Hope to hear something from Roonlabs on this?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Ignace.

1 Like

This is what might stop you from subscribing?

Itā€™s a bug and one that only affects a subset of people.

Roon is actively investigating and itā€™ll get fixed.

Yes, this might stop me from subscribing (was planning to buy for lifetime). It all depends on all the pros and cons I see during my trial period, and this is an annoying con for sure.

Itā€™s all about my first initial impressions when I get onto a new productā€¦

And my first impression when reading this post, is that this issue is already ongoing for 2.5 months. If I would have had the product during that time, this would have meant to re-enter my login details up to 75 times already ;-)ā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s a 3 month long bug and itā€™s a bug that is effectively pretty significant. And yet still thereā€™s no fix after 3 months? Thatā€™s pretty horrendous. These things donā€™t offer a good forecast of the experience users can expect long term. I donā€™t blame him/her for canceling after the trial. I probably will too.

I just wanted to ay Iā€™m having this issue as well. I tried completely uninstalling the app, including databases etc, as if the app never existed on my Mac. Then I reinstalled the app. Worked ok yesterday, but today Iā€™ve been prompted again for my login.
Itā€™s seems after several hours of the app being closed that I am re-prompted for my login upon starting the app again. So something is timing out somewhere, it seems to not be a problem with the local installation.

Why would you be shutting Roon down that much?

Well, it only really affects those who shut down their Core device on a regular basis. Most people leave their Core device on and Roon running.

By all means, donā€™t subscribe. Makes no difference to me. :neutral_face:

I donā€™t quit things that easily which is why I made the comment I did.

ā€œWell, it only really affects those who shut down their Core device on a regular basis. Most people leave their Core device on and Roon running.ā€

I donā€™t know how you could possibly know that unless you took a survey. I think itā€™s fair to say that most people, even if they leave their computers on 24/7, donā€™t have the Roon app running 24/7. The point is this is not a free ride, weā€™re paying for the app and this is a bug that effects normal use. All apps have bugs, but when 1) The app is a paid app, and 2) The app directly impacts normal use, itā€™s fair that usersā€™ patience levels with that bug will drop substantially. Waiting for nearly 3 months for a fix then is not reasonable. And so whatever a person decides to do about that (i.e. deciding not to subscribe) is not unreasonable. I think you are too personally invested in Roon (not financially but perhaps psychologically) and defend this situation too blindly. You almost seem to take it personally.

"By all means, donā€™t subscribe. Makes no difference to me. "

If it makes no difference to you, I donā€™t now why you valued that segment of my comment enough to respond to it.

ā€œI donā€™t quit things that easily which is why I made the comment I did.ā€

Your opinion is worthwhile but if other usersā€™ prefer to have a more seamless experience then their opinion and usage choices are just as valid and, in my estimation, donā€™t require the approval or challenge of any other user. I think it would be better if you use your obvious knowledge and zeal for Roon to help people fix their problems (if youā€™re able to) rather than to heckle them.

Thanks for your input. Do take care of yourself.

I responded to you because you replied to me. Itā€™s that simple.

Have a good life.

I only have a day or two until my trial ends. I really appreciate the work by the Roon team and other members posting here to bring more awareness to this issue.

Is it possible to get another response soon?

Iā€™m unsure about spending $100 on Roon at this point. I think the software is great, it would just be really nice to know that I wonā€™t have to type out my email and password every time I open it.

Well, now that monthly billing is available. You might come back and try it for a month.

1 Like

If you contact @accounts they are normally pretty good at extending trials.

1 Like