Draytek Vigor 3910
Cisco SG250-50

Connected Audio Devices

Local: Sound Blaster Z
Networked, Sonos Port, Meridian 218

Number of Tracks in Library

1000’s

Description of Issue

I’ve had Roon installed with the Roon core and client on a Windows workstation which has been working for several months. Recently I had instances when opening Roon with the application hanging on start-up at the display of the Roon logo, which has either required restart of the application or reboot of the workstation.

After upgrading to the latest version of Roon, the application again failed to load and seemed to hang. Neither a workstation reboot nor termination and restart of the application corrected the problem. I have since then removed the entire application. When I now try to install the application, it hangs during the core installation, and I cannot progress.

I had a similar problem; not sure if it’s the same. Linking to the post that helped me solve my issue. Turns out that deleting Roon may not get rid of all of the associated files. Once I deleted the folder ~/Library/Roon then I was able to get Roon working again. Note though that deleting this folder will also delete all of your settings from your prior install.

I know that you are on a Windows machine and not Mac but the Roon folder is probably there in Windows too.

Check recent windows updates also, one of them (graphic drivers as an example of one I am seeing comments on) could have affected this? But try the suggestion from @Douglas_Gardner first.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I still seeing the same problem.

Do you receive any error messages when trying to download the application?

@bearFNF had a good idea with the graphics drivers. It’s recommended to download the most recent version from the manufacturers website - did you update them there? You can also try installing the newest version of .NET framework.

Hi,

No, I do not see any errors when I download the application, and I have installed the latest version of my graphic cards drivers. Unfortunately, I’m still seeing the same problem.

Thanks for the reply.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.