RoonBridge Not Discovering Devialet at startup [Solved-ish]

Ok. I think I understand the issue…thanks. We’ll get this taken care of.

I am having the same issue. No firewall, minimal server install. Seems to be a timing thing. I have to RDP in, quit and re-launch the app after a power outtage.

Looking forward to how this can be resolved.

Hey @louawalters – can you confirm you’re running the latest version in Settings > About? It should be Build 128.

If you’re running the latest, can you give me a little more information about your setup? Thanks!

Hi Mike

It is the latest build 128. I think bridge is build 18, not the latest.
Bridge PC is on an isolated network so I will have to update manually. Let
me update bridge to build 19 and get back to you.

If and only if I place bridge in the administrator startup folder and
configure the server for auto log in, then it starts fine. This doesnt
work if I want to strip windows server 2012r2 down into core mode (no
GUI). I made a bridge service with delayed start, and although bridge is
running it doesn’t connect. The only way it seems to work is as mentioned
above - copying the shortcut to startup folder.

If I can get this to work, it will be replacing dual PC JPLAY. With bridge
sitting on the audio PC, roon Server on the control PC. Both running win
server 2K12R2. With high end audio PC optimizer.

@mike Seems the download link on the Roon Site is for RB is build 18. Does anyone have a link to the latest build? The PC running Bridge is not on the internet.

Did you try completely uninstalling RoonBridge and reinstalling v19?

Here is an update. I did completely uninstall RB build 18 and installed build 19. The autostart is now working as expected.

My next test will be to create a service with build 19 to see if RB starts up running as a service. If it does, then I will be able to bring the 2K12 deployment back to core server.

Question to @Not_Roon For windows version it would be nice to have RoonBridge a service that does not require a user environment to log in and start.

On the sound quality front: I have gone back and forth between 2 PC JPLAY and 2 PC Roon Core (control PC) --> RoonBridge on the audio PC bypassing JPLAY, and if there is a sound quality difference (and I am not sure there is), my preference would be that RoonBridge may sound better. Again, there may be a very subtle difference. Just need to minimize the OS install, and if RoonBridge could run as a service, we’d be all set :wink:

Seems that when putting RoonBridge into a service, and dropping the server down to CORE - it is all good. Everything is working as expected.