Roon's problem with Tidal

I have a problem. Over the last few days, Roon and Tidal have been in trouble. I listen to the iMac, then via USB to dac.
So there are two problems.
Sometimes won’t connect to Tidal:

And persistent playback problems:

I checked the performance of Tidal from Chrome, through the browser - everything works well, there are no glitches.

I also connected the Internet to the iMac via Wi-Fi via iPhone - it worked … Glitches were gone. True, it slowed down terribly, which is understandable - the mobile Internet can hardly pull highs.

So the problem is only through Roon with a wired connection. Moreover, the problem began to manifest itself with any effect on the song being played. Whether it’s a pause, or even a DSP adjustment! I touched the slider in the parametric equalizer, the song stopped, and you got another mistake, again the song does not exist in Tidal and this applies to the entire album, and sometimes to the entire Tidal library. Only Roon reboot helps. The same thing happens when the song is paused for a long time.

There is no problem with the local library (what is on the iMac hard drive)!

What is the problem? I am in Russia.

Network problems normally give these errors.
I think your post said that when you connect using your phone as the internet connection then it works.
When you use your normal internet connection it doesn’t work.
If so then you have a network problem.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

I agree, usually these issues are network related, but not always. If they were issues with Tidal or Roon, we would all be experiencing them. I have Roon, Tidal, and Qobuz and NEVER have any problems. (Knock on wood). Why not?

So. @support my problem is in the first post.
I have a wired network with a speed of 300Mb. Internet provider dom.ru

AirPort Extreme router.

IMac computer. Operating system version:

Roon is ONLY installed on iMac! Roon version:

Next, dac Holo May is connected to the iMac via USB.

What other data is needed?

You could try to set your DNS to Google (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1), however Apple routers are not recommended by Roon:

“Finally, we strongly recommend against using Apple network devices such as the Apple Airport Extreme and Airport Express (note: it’s fine to use the Airport Express as an Airplay device). To ensure the best performance, we recommend against using these devices.”

1 Like

But 2 years before that, there had never been such problems. And all this time there was AirPort Extreme.

Thanks, I’ll try!

Fair point. I assume you have restarted all of your network equipment, so while you wait for support, you could try to connect your iMac directly to your router and see if that changes anything. I am not sure it is a networking issue, but the key is to try to identify what step in the signal path is creating the issues. If it still happens when everything is wired, then you know that the network isn’t the problem and can move on to other things.

1 Like

I changed DNS, and so far the flight is normal! I will wait some more time to give an assessment, but usually the problem immediately showed itself. While there is a feeling that there is no mistake.
Thank you so much! I really hope that there will be no more mistakes. In any case, I will write here within 24 hours.

2 Likes

Hi @Evgeny,

Google DNS can certainly help in cases like — Let us know how it goes and, if you do see any issues return, please let us know the time that you see the issue occur, and the track that you see playback fail on. We can enable diagnostics and take a closer look.

Thanks!

1 Like

No point to put both dns at 8.8.8.8 set the other to 1.1.1.1 or maybe your local router

You mean we should do this?

1 Like

Exactly. See how that goes.

1 Like

A day has passed, everything works without problems. Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.