Netgear Orbi
EtherRegen

Connected Audio Devices

Chord DAVE
Also a few other various endpoints around the house

Number of Tracks in Library

A few thousand

Description of Issue

Don’t know exactly what build this problem started with … but I now get lots of intermittent crashes running Roon on archlinux. When this happens, it causes my Netgear Orbi to kick the device off the network! So my only option is to totally reboot the system.

If I just have the Linux server running without Roon turned on, it is 100% stable and stays connected to the network. These crashes and network disconnects only when the RoonServer application is running / crashes.

Have similar crashes on Ubuntu desktop. Reported this March 31th.

1 Like

@support are you all working on this problem? My server has no connectivity issues with any other player software, only Roon

Hey @Kyle_Fieleke,

Thanks a lot for following up on your post. We’re so sorry to hear about the crashes that clearly interfere with any music listening experience… :pleading_face:

I was wondering, could you please try to (or wait to) reproduce the behavior and, when it happens, write down the local date and time (timestamp).

Once it happens, please, grab a set of logs and upload the zipped folder to our drive.

Please, let us know when you have that, and our technical team will take a look.

:pray:

A post was split to a new topic: RoonServer. Crashing

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.