RoonServer not starting on ROCK

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

If you click the blue button on the right to start the software, what happens?

Have you reinstalled as your snippet from support asks?

I’ve tried several times and no luck. I’m looking into rebuilding it from scratch but I can’t do the following due to being unable to boot from the USB drive.

1. Turn on the NUC and press the F10 key on your keyboard. Continue to hold the F10 key down until you appear at a menu that is asking you which device you’d like to boot from…
    https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/rock-install-guide#Option_2_Linux_Command_Line

Any ideas?

I am having a tough time understanding.
When you hold down F10 during boot, what happens?

If it gets into the OS and you hit the start button, what happens?

@beka asked you to reinstall the Roon OS from the Web Administration page - but you seem to be trying to reinstall it from a USB stick on the Boot of the NUC… Why is this?

2 Likes

It doesn’t work and it results in an error message to contact support

Then I think I will wait for them to offer a hand.

True I’ll wait for support.

1 Like

What is your IP’s address. Is it normal? (192.168.x.x)

Hi @qafro ,

If you scroll down to the Networking section on the Web Interface, do you see the Networking fields as being populated? If the Networking fields are missing and you are not able to start RoonServer Software, there could be Operating System SSD integrity issues.

The network address IP is correct.
Because I didn’t show it

1 Like

Please is there any more suggestions of my issue because it still not working for some time after the last update?

You will need to describe in more detail what is the problem. You as of yet haven’t answered what happens when you try to reinstall other than it doesn’t work.
Which as a trouble shooting step isn’t very useful.

The original screenshot shows Roon Server Software isn’t running. What happens when you hit the start button?

If the answer is “it doesn’t start” there isn’t anything more to suggest.

It doesn’t start the roonlab server.

Right?

If you wish to give a bit more information that would be helpful.
Short of that I’m stuck at, man that sucks.

1 Like

I believe there’s a bug where the Web Administration page can get into a non-working state, and buttons, such as the Reinstall Roon OS button don’t work.

You tried to reinstall ROCK from a USB stick earlier, but said you had trouble getting into the Boot menu. I know the instructions say to hold down F10, but I’ve found it better to repeatedly press F10 until the Boot menu appears… Could you try that?

2 Likes

Thanks for understanding me because I’ve tried the Web ui to reinstall the rock and roonlab server start button but unfortunately nothing worked.

Then I decided to reinstall via USB Rock OS but unable to boot to USB by pressing F10.
I’m out of ideas…
No logs or cmd console to view log files…

Please Any ideas?

What is your keyboard? If it’s wireless, try a wired USB keyboard if you have one. That might work better during the BIOS boot.

Am using a USB keyboard and no luck…
I don’t understand why I can’t restart roonlab server.

A long shot - but are you sure that the F10 key on your keyboard is working? Can you move the keyboard to another machine and test it?

I’ve had a key fail on one of my keyboards before. It’s unusual, but it can happen.

1 Like