RoonServer Stuck Initializing on new Mac Installation, Logs Showing Critical Exception [Fixed with build 987]

So, a workaround for the problem where Roon Server fails to fully initialize and function is to run Roon instead of Roon Server. However, there is a problem: the two programs look for their database in different places. Here is how I addressed this problem on my Mac Mini:

1. Consider that I am a casual user of Roon, and this is not a recommendation coming from Roon support! :slight_smile:
  2. Log in as the user running Roon Server.
  3. Quit Roon Server. No program from Roon should be running!
  4. Open a Finder window and show the home folder.
  5. Configure Finder to show the Library folder. (View → Show View Options and check “Show Library Folder”. Note: don’t mess around in the Library folder casually, it is hidden by default for a reason.
  6. In the Library folder Ctrl-Click (or Right Click) on the RoonServer folder (within the now visible Library folder) and duplicate it.
  7. Rename the new “RoonServer copy” folder to “Roon”. This is the folder the “Roon” app will use.
  8. Rename “RoonServer” to “RoonServer OLD” (or move it to the Trash).
  9. Download “Roon” from roonlabs.com, install it, and run it.
  10. Log in. It found all my local music, was able to play it, etc.
  11. When you’re comfortable with this solution, move “RoonServer OLD” to the Trash.

Hope this helps!