rooUPnP: Finally a Roon Extension for UPnP Streamers

I have no surround setup.
Best way is to ask for a test license.

Frank,
I have never tried to stream surround FLAC. Normally muicc is decoded by Roonand sent via FLAC to rooExtend. In any case you have to set the output format to “Transparent” in rooExtend and in the advanced device settings inside Roon disable Flac encoding. With tis you may have a chance. Please test and let me know.
Gapless is standard because Roon always combines the output to a gapless stream.
Using the evaluation license you can try for free :grin: The license number for testing is:
69962830-E872-4031-BE07-1FE12D62818F

@Gavin_Burt

Hi , how are you getting on with the CXN V1. /?

I haven’t got around to trying this yet.

I assume it’s RPi via USB to the CXN ? That’s would explain the artwork missing. It’s the same for any of the digital inputs you are bypassing the streamer unit and using just the DAC portion

I use mine via jriver media centre an get 24/192 and Artwork

Hi,

I would like to try this plugin too.
Can you provide me with a code please.

Kind regards,

Osvaldo

Hi, I’m loving rooUPnP. The SQ into my NDS is so much better than with my old Allo via BNC. The only issue I have is that Roon radio no longer works. The next track gets queued but never starts.

1 Like

Out of curiosity I bought license and my Sony UBP-X700 does not work. It showed up during setup and then disappeared.

You have to enable it in Settings->Audio and give it a friendly name :+1:t2:
This is a standard Roon procedure :grin:

Thanks for the hint, tried that already. Sony simply does not show up, will see if it advertises itself as a DNLA device and if my fritzbox is doing something to the upnp service that it shouldn’t

UPNP services enabled etc.

when I return the license I get this. Appears it recognizes the Sony in unlicensed mode.

Klaus, have you an active LMS Server running in your network? All LMS Servers have to be off. Otherwise rooUPnP connects to LMS server instead of Roon.
In Roon Settings Audio it should show up in Squeeze section.

No LMS I am aware of.

Enabled audio endpoints are here:

Ok, probably you forgot to enable squeezebox support in Roon! It should be in the system settings. I can‘t tell exactly as I am currently traveling. Please look for it, enable it an you should be fine.

Please also take a look at my videos about rooUPnP DrCWO - YouTube. All the setup procedures are explained there.

Squeezebox was the issue, didn’t even know that I have such support in Roon. Better read instructions next time.
Thx

1 Like

Hello Carl Werner,

I’ve bought a second SSD for my Raspi 4 and tried it out. When I disable Flac encoding as suggested playback will not start. When Flac encoding enabled I only get Stereo. In the device setup there is no option for Multichannel - only the “Downmix as needed” or “Channel Mapping only”. Maybe this is a limitation to the Squeezebox Support inside Roon?
I should have mentioend that all my files are FLAC file - including the Surround ones.

Frank,
would you please send me a screenshot of the signal path if you play a multichannel Flac. Please disable Flac encoding and also set the rooUPnP to transparent. Maybe that Roon can‘t handle it. I am curious

rooUPnP was already set to Transparent in the first attempt.

Disabling Flac encoding results to no playing at all as mentioned in my previous post, so that’s not an option.
In my opinion it has nothing to do with streaming Flac or not.
The rooUPnP devices are recognized by Roon as Stereo only. Therefore anything you throw at it will only be stereo.
grafik

See the settings below. There are no possibilities for assigning channels at all.

If Roon sees the device with Multi-channel capacities you should be able to choose the Channel Lay-out like here.

In case of the Oppo this does not apply so there will be no chance to get Multi-channel output.

You have “Use Flac Compression” set to “yes”. To transport your flac transparent disable ist please.
Roon does channel mapping that it should not do.

I have tried that. See my previous posts.

Roon will Always use channel mapping when it does not recognize devices whith Surround capabilities.

Sorry for that :sleepy:
As far as I know there is no multichannel device in the logitech squeeze world. Probably this is the reason that Roon always maps squeeze devices (which rooUPnP is to two channels.

I’m afraid I can’t help anymore.
Best DrCWO