rooUPnP: Finally a Roon Extension for UPnP Streamers

It should work same as before :slight_smile:

Cool, I will take a look, many thanks.

Same happening with me since upgrade to 2.0. Previously stable. Now may show several instances of UPnP running but not finding player (Naim NDS) and needs restarting.

Is fixed with v2.0.2. You get it from here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1c72vVpuuVlIWJpB8flVAZlHXmW2KNd1k?usp=sharing

Thank you. Seems fine now

This sounds promising, but I donā€™t have an RPi at hand to test, so before I order one Iā€™d like to know:

Does rooUPnP send changes done at the UPnP device back to Roon, like volume control or pause/play? As far as I know, this was not considered a use case in the Squeezebox world, LMS wanted exclusive control of the device.

With my Dynaudio Music 5, sending back such info to a BubbleUPnP server worked, but not via LMS-to-UPnP with Roon.

Thanks, Christian

hey
how can i install it on my WINDOWS CORE?
i have DAC connect to CORE.
i also can attach RSP PI .
but how to do it.
i have DAC WITH UPNP SERVER

Hello,

i want to try your extension and downloaded the image. It works so far but i could not see my UPnP Streamer in the extension overview?

Should i first have to buy a license that the devices show up?

Best
Dominik

i install roonextend and connect my ZIDOO NEO STREAMER to ROON CORE.
and play well

1. why i needed LICENE to buy?
  2. how can i see artwork art when play (on my ZIDOO)

You need to enable the plugin before it will see anything on your network. You need to use the eval license code then which is posted on here a number of times I believe.

1 Like

You need a license as the developer has plans to charge for it when itā€™s out of beta. The license currently is evaluation and will work until he has decided itā€™s out of beta and is a full release. Then you will need to but a full one if you want to keep using it.

You donā€™t get artwork currently itā€™s limitation of the code itā€™s based on. Dev has said heā€™s looking to add it but when I canā€™t say.

1 Like

I get error license when I use 69962830-E872-4031-BE07-1FE12D62818F from this post

1 Like

Christian, it is not transferred back. So Roon is the master.

You cannot install it on Windows. It is Software for the Raspberry Pi only.

The license key for evaluation is still
69962830-E872-4031-BE07-1FE12D62818F
It should work, please retryā€¦

No, you have to activate the license manager and enter the evaluation license key. Then the rooUPnP will show up.

Hm, itā€˜s a pity that it doesnā€™t send back volume and pause/play controls. Itā€™s the only thing Iā€˜m missing in my setup right now, especially skip to next song, so I could use the remote of my device to control Roon playback.

But I guess for that to work, rooUPnP would have to use RAAT instead of the Squeezebox protocol.

You can use rooDial to skip forward and backward if you like :wink:

Hi. Have just discovered the world of Roon extensions and is great! Thank you for building this. I have it running very smoothly on my Naim NAC272. I have a question about whether I can use one Raspberry Pi to run both UPNP and RooDial or if I should keep them separate to get the best performance from UPNP? Thanks.

You can use both it on one Pi. Best have a wired Ethernet and a Pi 4 for that.