rooUPnP: Finally a Roon Extension for UPnP Streamers

Thanks for your quick response. Thats great.

Have found this extension and wonder would it be possible to install this extension also on the NUMIO hub that are used for the ROONumio extension?

Lookin into using this extension as a way to integrate Roon with my B&O system via my Beosystem 5 that can work as a UPnP renderer that automatically start up my B&O system.

Hmm, currelty rooExtend does not support rooUPnP on the Nuimo Hub. I was lazy and did not want to test it so I disabled it. Do you have a Nuimo Hub? If yes please let me know. I will be able to open rooUPnP on the Nuimo Hub in the next version End of Oct. if there are requests for it.

Best DrCWO

Yes I have a Numio Hub and 2 Numio controllers. Would be great to include that function if it works.

Stefan

I put it on my list for the next release.

why we cant see album art in streamer throw upnp?
and what’s different between roonextend (upnp) to roon brigde?

when the song end. its not continue to next automatically why?
thanks

Roon bridge is a small piece of software provide by Roon to allow computers to be a simple Roon endpoint, it uses their own streaming technology called RAAT. RooUPnP is based on a Logitech Media Server plugin that bridges UPnP devices to emulate a squeezbox device. Roon supports Squeezebox devices so it allows you to use them with Roon. Not all UPnP devices are created equal so it doesn’t work out of the box for all devices, no artwork will display either essentially it’s a hack to make UPnP work, Roon doesn’t support UPnP for many reasons due to its non standard behaviour between devices . Unlike the original plugin there is no way to easily change settings that alter the playback behaviour , hopefully the creator of the extension can help you out to make it work.

1 Like

when the song end. its not continue to next automatically why?

What device have you connected? is it in my compatibility list?

Hi @DrCWO,

I have problem with RooUPnP extension. Status is Searching, for long time. What I do wrong?

Regards, Paweł

Have you enables Squeezebox-Support in Roon Settings–>Setup?
If yes: Have you Enabled your device in Roon Settings–>Audio?

If it shows up there you also can see it in the Roon Extensions–>Settings rooUPnP

Best DrCWO

Ok, thanks. Everything is working fine now.

1 Like

What will the next release include ? Particularly interested in Roon radio.

Hi,

I am using a Nucleus+ as a Roon server connected to my network is a Sonore Signature Series Rendu Ethernet to SPDIF/i2s renderer which is connected to my DAC. Will rooUPnP allow Roon to control the Signature Series Rendu?

Why would you need the roonUPnP software to control a Sonore Rendu?
All Sonore products come already with the Raat protocol. Just activate it in the software.

In my Tested-Devices-List you find an entry. This means someone did report that it works :+1:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1c72vVpuuVlIWJpB8flVAZlHXmW2KNd1k

The Sonore Signature Series Rendu is UPNP not Roon compatible the Sonore Signature Series Rendu SE is Roon compatible.

Thanks I looked for the tested devices link and could not find it. Glad to know it will work, license purchased. I think you answered before that rooUPnP and rooNuimo can be run with same Pi4.

Sorry, this is the link: rooExtend - Google Drive

And yes, rooUPnP and rooNuimo can run in parallel.

Best DrCWO

1 Like

Here you have the features for the Sonorere Rendu series: Sonore - microRendu v1.5

Here the features for the Rendu SE: Sonore - Signature Series Power Supply

They used to sell a separate UPnP bridge.