rooWatch - Smart control for Roon using Apple Watch and Siri

Hi, @Klaus_Engel

I may be experiencing a form of this same issue. I’m on a Watch 7 running Watch OS 9.

I run with my watch. I typically have my phone with me and I listen to music over AirPod Pros. I run with the watch in workout mode.

Historically, in this mode, a swipe left on the workout watch screen takes me to a “Now Playing” screen and I see the music playing from my phone. Since the latest rooWatch update, the screen I see is now always the rooWatch screen.

Based on your response to @StefanK I checked and can see that rooWatch’s Always Active setting was set to on. I don’t understand if this is a new setting and a new intentional behavior. I’ve now turned it off. In any case, I thought I would mention this behavior in case it helps you figure out what’s going on.

Thanks!

@Klaus_Engel finally managed to get the auto start disabled.
I was missing the last step in your sequence. Instead of getting out of the options (…end the dialog in the upper left corner) I simply killed the app after disabling the setting with the settings menu still opened.

So I assume you are performing “save settings” globally on the action of returning out of the menu.
If possible I think it would be more intuitive for users to have each setting change being saved directly when a specific option is changed.

@Klaus_Engel sorry, but I think I spoke too soon. It’s true I was able to kill the app like I mentioned in my previous post, but once I start the app and use it (even with the ‘Keep App Active’ disabled) it never goes to the background. It always stays active.
When I kill it, it keeps getting restarted, so I think there is some major issue in this new version.

I will look into it next week. Thanks for the feedback!

I can also now confirm that even with the Keep App Active switch in the off position, rooWatch remains the active audio source regardless of what else happens on the watch and regardless of how long Roon has been idle.

This doesn’t work for me when using the watch during running workouts, so I’ve had to remove rooWatch for the time being. If I can help with additional information, please let me know.

Thanks!

I have a new version 1.11 (internal build 1.61) that should fix the problem with the App inadvertently starting. Please PM me with your email address if you would like to test the build. I will add you to the Testflight group.

1 Like

@Klaus_Engel I’ve got an issue on the latest version of rooWatch. I’m using Applewatch ultra. With the new version, the rooWatch app is always starting even when not requested.
This is killng battery on my watch !!
I just bought a lifetime subscription from you. I hope for a solution as soon as possible! thanks, Your software looks very good!
Michael

• Please open the setting of your watch.
  • Tab General
  • Tab Automatic start
  • Disable the automatic start of Audio Apps.

This should help
Best DrCWO

Thanks for your quick response, but unfortunately it doesn’t work, did everything as you said.

Please try to reboot the watch…

Got issue with Siri it worked for a while but now every time it’s looking in my Apple music library i dont have.

• Yes I have rooWatch started
  • I have in Siri setting rooWatch selected
  • I have rebooted My Apple watch 7 and RPI4
    Any suggestion how to get ride of the f*cking “Apple music library” and that the looks into ROON?
    @Klaus_Engel @DrCWO

I just test the exact same phrase on my Apple Watch 7 and it works for me.
What iOS, watchOS version are you running? What is the rooWatch version are you running?
Swipe down and scroll all the way down. For me it is rooWatch Version “1.60” and watchOS 9.0
Things to try:

• On your Apple Watch, navigate to Settings->Use with Siri->rooWatch, make sure this is enabled
  • add “in rooWatch” to your phrase, i.e. say “Play Bruce Springsteen My Hometown in rooWatch” (this should only be needed when outside of the App)
  • make sure you have the latest released version of rooWatch 1.10 (1.60) installed - On your Apple Watch, navigate to AppStore->Search, enter “rooWatch” and check for an update

@Klaus_Engel I tried all things you suggested it did’t work out. Than i restarted my Iphone the first time i used SiRi on my watch it gave me 4 option to choose from one of them rooWatch. (it ONLY ask you ones, it will never asked you again there is where the problem is/was) So the switch “use with Siri → rooWatch” DOESN’T quarantae it will work if you missed the selection on your iwatch

BTW is difficult in Siri to pronounce roowatch at the end as you suggested, I never got it right because it NOT a english word. " Play …in Roowatch"

Questions:
4 options? I have never seen that. Screenshot please.
Why do you restart your iPhone? rooWatch is independent of the iPhone, except for some networking that the watch routes through the iPhone.

Again, what watchOS and rooWatch version do you use?

@Klaus_Engel
All are on the latest

• WatchOS :0.9
  • RooWatch: 1.60
  • Iphone :IOS16.02

I didn’t capture the menu on my iwatch ( because i comes only ones i cannot make a picture of it now) But for sure next time if Siri goes back to my " Apple music library" I will make a picture of it!

I restarted my Ipone because it was the last thing i could do. (it has todo with Siri so i gave it a go) And it works now as i reported!

1 Like

Great to hear that it works now! Sorry for the trouble - not sure what went wrong.

good afternoon, I now have the test version 1.11, the app is fine now, it won’t stay open! I now have a problem with my playlists, when I want to open them it is empty first, then I have to open them again, then I see them, but when I touch a playlist it does not respond, out again and then again then it will work! Hope for a solution!

Hi is it possible to install rooextend on a Synology docker? I don‘t have a Raspi….

1 Like

Sorry no :cold_sweat:
I cannot provide more than the SD-Card-Image for the Raspberry.

Another solution will be my new rooExtend-Box where sales will start soon.

Best DrCWO

I think this is since I upgraded to watch os 9 but whatever the cause the song title and artist are disappearing (I think after a set of time) and pressing the ROOWATCH logo doesn’t bring it up again but it will re-appear as the next track is played.

.sjb