Ropieee - Enable wifi

I’ve just stumbled across Roon and Ropieee. this has solved all my music headaches to say the least. I have Pi’s as endpoints (coupled with hifiberry Hats) and strictly use Ropieee coupled with a few Raspberry Pi’s / Touch screens for remote controllers. They aren’t exporting any audio and would love to ditch the ethernet cable I have attached to them.

Is there any way to enable the built in wifi on the Pi3, or use a usb dongle attached?

Thanks.

1 Like

Its coming at some stage I think Harry noted somewhere…or maybe that was fixed IP…maybe both :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now RoPieee does not support wifi, either built-in or via an USB dongle.

And @wizardofoz is right: it’s on the ‘todo’ list, both static IP and wireless.

Static IP will be first though. Expected OTA within a few weeks. Wireless is next.

Thanks!

4 Likes

You can use a WiFi repeater with an ethernet port to connect your RPi.

1 Like

Just an update: with the latest release WiFi is supported now.

1 Like

Hi,
perfect!
Only the build in Wifi or also anexternal Raspberry compatibel usb dongle?

Daniel

No, only the build in WiFi (for now).

Thanks for your project and the fast answer!

I hope there is a chance for feature updates to use a external dongle because the onboard wifi isn’t really stable like an edimax.

Well, I don’t have such a device.

@Spockfish how do I enable wifi on an RPI 3? I had been looking for a description, but I cannot find it.

Go into the web page to the network tab. Select ‘enable wifi’ and save. Reload the page, and you’re be able to select your network and provide a passphrase.

And yeah… documentation is definitely on the list.

ee

h - I see no opportunity to enable wifi

He! So… you have an Pi 3 right? Can you send me feedback? Thanks!

Yes, of course. What info do you need and how do I get it?

Go to the ‘advanced’ tab and hit the ‘feedback’ button. Provide me the string that’s printed.

here it is identifier

Ok thanks. I looked at it, and RoPieee thinks it’s not a Raspberry Pi 3.
This detection mechanism uses the CPU revision number to recognize the Pi model, and I think you’re on a revision that I did not have yet.

Are you familiair with some (basic) linux skills? SSH? Then I can retrieve this information and patch it.

Thanks,

yes, I can do that. ssh root@ip, probably? What are the passwd? and commands you need for the info?

Harry - I am really sorry I have disturbed you with this. It is a version 2 - I have installed screen etc. on it, and I was sure that I used a 3 ( I have three now). I will shift it to a three and try again…

No problem Henry. Glad you discovered the issue.
Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Regards,