RoPieee - Feature requests

I suggested this quite some time back…maybe not to hard to do if we can Diy some buffer etc. most triggers should work at 5v even but safest to buffer with a sss or relay

2 Likes

Sounds awesome. Did we hear back?

Updating the original post I linked above. … no promises I can do it this week tho.

@spockfish Harry maybe we can use GPIO4 (PIN 7) and we can cut a test image to achieve this? Pin HI when music is playing and a 15 delay to Pin LOW after no music. This should apply to all sources DLNA/Spotify/Roon etc

Does Ropiee support NAA (Networked Audio Adapter), for use with HQ Player?

No it doesn’t.

Thats a shame, is it something that could be added in the future perhaps?

I suppose the question should have been “can it at some point in the future?”

I would like to raise a feature request for more control over the Clock color on RPI touchscreen. This can improve the color match between RoPieee and other audio equipment. I have a need of making the blue color #0000FF for example, not the light blue it is now.

Any change of this being implemented? If there’s a quick solution by changing some colors somewhere (using SSH login) I would be very glad!

It’s on the list, but I can’t make any promises on the ‘when’.

Regards,

1 Like

With the F1 season over that should free up a few hours :slight_smile: Max did well with his 3rd place driver in the championship.

1 Like

Max who?:smiling_imp: :joy:

2 Likes

All the other RPi board temperature shown in Device tab.
Thanks

@spockfish
How long is it till the screen timeout? Mine goes for quite a while before the display changes. Even if I reboot the device after play stops the album display from Roon comes up instead of the clock.

Is it possible to shorten the amount of time till timeout and the clock display turns on?

10 mins iirc

so anyone know if the 10 minute timeout can be shortened, and how?

back to feature requests, could Ropieee XL include a Squeezelite option?

No it can’t right now, it’s fixed.

Hi @spockfish

For RoPieee XL, can you consider adding support for @jussi_laako’s HQPlayer NAA protocol?

DietPi has this.

Stretch & Buster .deb files are here:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/

Me and the old man both have zones where we sometimes run Roon only, but sometimes switch to HQPlayer.

We could replace DietPi with RoPieee XL, if this were possible

Thanks, sean

Hi,

This has been requested quite a few times, but this is a no-go. HQPlayer only provides binaries, and those binaries are also Debian-only. That’s a non-fit for RoPieee.

Thanks

1 Like