RoPieee - Feature requests

Yah, I would see config file management being on the user.
On the RoPieee side, the GUI inputs would be parameterized and software ICD established, after which the config file parser would have rules to manage deprecated elements as the ICD evolves over release cycles. Pretty standard stuff.

1 Like

@spockfish Harry can we get an option of black or maybe a darker background. on the GUI :slight_smile:

1 Like

on the web interface you mean?

Yes indeed in the GUIā€¦ I get blinded by the stark white backgroundā€¦anything to tone it down a bit im sure would please many :sunglasses:

of course it doesnā€™t help that im using a 55" 4K monitor :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@spockfish Is it possible to preload wifi credentials on ropieee? If yes, how? By writing them to wpa_supplicant?

Thatā€™s not possible right now.

Could you please add that in a future release?

@spockfish

Hi Harry

I was wondering if you considered the possibility of allowing usb inputs as a pass through?

I can get a usb out from my google tv, but have only one usb input on the dac.

Doing the pass through would allow Ropieee to be a kind of digital hub.

It looks like Volumio offers it for their paid level, but I much prefer Ropieee. TBH, I have trouble with their Spotify implementation.

Bevan

@spockfish

Harry, thank you for the great work on RoPieee! I do have a feature request for Librespot: Itā€™d be nice to be able to disable volume control entirely ("ā€“volume-ctrl=fixed"). I hacked my run.sh and confirmed it worked as expected. Thanks for considering this!

-Steve

psssst @Steven_Hubbell ,

This has landed in the beta channel, so it will be in the next release.

Thanks

excellent, thank you!

Harry what will this option do, just use whatever volume roon left it at? My wife likes to play spotify to my ropieee endpoints and the volume always goes to maximum ???

It disables volume control entirely. This is meant for the situation that you have digital out ā†’ preamp

1 Like

@wizardofoz Try this for a black background:

1 Like

First post here but want to say thanks for the great work Harry. Iā€™m using RoPieeeXL with openhome enabled so it would be great if you could add the ohproductroom in to /opt/RoPieee/upmpdcli/config to match the friendly name otherwise both my PIs have the same default name. Thanks so much. Donation on the way.

Check the new release :wink:

Thanks for the quite reply. I see the entry in the release notes and will switch back to stable to try. Thanks!

I always use the volume at 100%.
I want to turn off the volume display.
Thank you.

I am sure this has been requested a few times before but it would be awesome to be able to switch Zones directly from the (Raspberry Pi) display itself.

2 Likes

Hi,

I would really appreciate the support of the rtl881cu wifi chipset