RoPieee - Feature requests

Yes I do own a Lampi DAC.
What can I do?
TIA

1 Like

@Christoph: Hopefully you’re familiair with SSH and some simple commands.
Login to the RoPieee that’s connected to the Lampi. (root, root).

Then run the following commands:

aplay -l

and

cat /proc/asound/card*/stream*

If you can show me the output that would be great.

Thanks!

any progress with allo usbridge?

i’m getting hardware, but still i expect it to require a significant amount of time to get things rolling.

Unfortunately not really :flushed:
I hope I can find a savvy friend to assist me

Yeah. Amareno is obviously supported, but we need to have the ID’s of your DAC.
I even think I can guide you through the process, as we’re only talking about a few commands.

Are you running Windows or Mac?

1 Like

Hi Harry

[quote=“spockfish, post:46, topic:29720, full:true”]
Yeah. Amareno is obviously supported, but we need to have the ID’s of your DAC.
I even think I can guide you through the process, as we’re only talking about a few commands.

Are you running Windows or Mac?[/Quote]

Does that mean, even if it worked for my Lampi, it maybe won’t run for my several friends Lampis?

I’m on Windows. All three devices need to be in the same Network to go with ssh from the Win PC through the RoPieee into the DAC to read out the data, right?

Does that mean, even if it worked for my Lampi, it maybe won’t run for my several friends Lampis?

No sorry. I’ve should have written ‘your type of DAC’. Each USB device has a unique identifier. With this identifier the kernel ‘knows’ what to do to make native DSD accessible.

And yeah, you need to be on the same network. If you install something like PuTTY (https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html) on your windows system then you’re almost there :wink:

1 Like

@Jose_de_los_Santos and @Ratbert,

@allo.com’s Sparky arrived today, so the tinkering has started!

@spockfish

Any news on the integration of HQP NAA?

Or fixed IP?

Or W-LAN functionality?

HQP NAA is not on my list (at least for now).

I’m about to release an update that supports fixed IP.

W-LAN is work in progress.

That IS a real pity (at least for me) :disappointed_relieved:
Is it a lot of effort to incorporate it or is it more of legal/license issue with HQPlayer/Jussi Laako?

cool, thanks :+1:

cool, thanks :+1:

Is it a lot of effort to incorporate it or is it more of legal/license issue with HQPlayer/Jussi Laako?

To be honest: I don’t know. The reason it’s not on the list? I really want RoPieee to be a ‘Roon-only’ experience. There are plenty enough of other solutions that provide a wide range of integrations. And secondly: I don’t use it myself, which provides a challenge in maintaining it and provide support for it.

4 Likes

It’s a real pity because I think a lot of people here would love it and even Joel from roon labs asked for that feature but I understand your Position, not using it yourself :disappointed_relieved:

Support for the great M2Tech HiFace DAC please…

Tnx

1 Like

Assuming you’re talking about native DSD…

I’ve already been busy with this with another owner. Forgot his name.
Even created a patch for it, but to no effect.

For this we need support for M2Tech.

Yes DSD support… Is there anything I can do… Contact M2Tech?

Well, are you running RoPieee? I want to be absolutely sure that with the last patch it does not work.

And yeah, I’m not an M2Tech customer so it might help if a customer of them contacts them. I’m more than willing to help their tech guys out and make this work. It’s also in their benefit, as Linux endpoints are a large part of the ecosystem.

Thanks,

Package Version
ropieee 20170910-1
ropieee-version 056-1
ropieee-web 20170910-4
linux-raspberrypi-dsd 4.9.43-2

Is this confirmation?

yeah. so no native DSD right? In Roon Settings?