Ropieee on the New Raspberry Pi 4

Ropieee blocks all hdmi output.

No, it disables the HDMI entirely. Perhaps a different software load works?

Would a sounbar be a little awkward for a kitchen situation? Or, do you have a TV there also?

are you able to stream to a TV via Roon? using RAAT protocol? would be interesting what kind of TV you are using! … but changing a TV to play Roon is not my target (a TV that play music as good as Yamaha soundbar at the price of 200 euros I don’t think exist)

@Bill_Janssen … ummm… could be a good idea but… which one? one of the amazing feature (imo) of Ropiee is that it doesn’t require any maintenance activity and it is very stable, all the other software that I know (but for sure I don’t know them all) are not so “easy”

all suggestion are really welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

one day later… update: I will use Raspy 3b+ with a Hifiberry digi+ and optical interface … solved :wink:

1 Like

I wondered if anyone could help.

I have just installed Ropieee 384 on a new Rpi4 4GB. I cannot see an option to setup wifi. The check box is missing. Board is Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2.

I have another RPi4 which is also running 384 and is set up fine for wifi. It’s a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1.

My new board is Rev 1.2, could this be an issue?

I have a 1.2 and Ropieee wifi is working fine for me. No problems with the wifi config options not appearing.

1 Like

Yes it can. Can you send me feedback (it’s on the webpage in the advanced tab) so I can have a look?

Thanks for the quick response Harry. The feedback identifier is a6caa8e0b36e6b97.

The soundbar has an optical input so with a digi HAT like IQAudIO Digi+ you could still use Ropieee on your RPi to drive it.

[root@mbileropieee ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep ‘Revision’ | awk ‘{print $3}’
c03112

RPi4 returns newer revision c03112 – last supported in most recent update of RopieeeXL is c03111.

I added the revision to /opt/RoPieee/lib/get_hardware_model - wifi, Q5s and DragonFly Cobalt work fine through Roon and AirPlay.

Please add c03112 to list of supported revisions in get_hardware_model.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks Pascal. That works!

update is out there.

1 Like

Updated to 385 all ok here. Thanks

Thanks mate! Impressive how quick you responded! :wink:

Greetings all - been lurking for a while. Tried the trial version (now expired) and really like Roon. Just pulled trigger on a Raspberry Pi 4 on which I plan to install Ropieee (seems the easiest way to me.) Initially Roon CORE and music library will be installed on a rather under powered laptop, and a kindle fire for the remote. The Pi4 will feed my Cambridge 851N via USB. Over time I plan to upgrade to a ROCK computer thingy.

I have a WD NAS drive but i suspect that it is also under powered for use as library storage. What are the pros / cons of adding a SSD card or an external USB card drive to the ROCK. I have a WD passport 4TB USB drive available.

I am sure I will have a hundred and one questions - especially when the Pi 4 arrives and am thankful (and excited) in advance for all your support and advice.

:sunglasses:

If you build a fanless, silent device, an SSD internal drive would be great. I put a 1TB SSD in my Nucleus that I just got.

A fast drive is not needed for your music…only for the CORE system datable where an SSD is really a MUST HAVE.

You should be fine with music on any NAS or external USB drive, of course an internal drive on the CORE is best for the speed needed when analysing your music audio details etc. This only happens at initial import or a perhaps major version release.

I run a 3000K track database with 250K tracks on a NAS. I use a NUC i7 and ROCK on SSD

Thank you both for your replies. I was planning on getting the NUC recommended on the Roon website:

Intel NUC 8 Mainstream Kit (NUC8i3BEH) - Core i3

The i7 is out of my budget

I guess I’ll try this with the music on my NAS drive. I can always add an SSD drive to the NUC later if necessary.

I suggest you determine the CPU model based on your library size See

Suggested hardware