Salkstream III: DriveNotReady errors [resolved]

Eric, I just sent you my logs and responded to your email.

This morning when I updated Core to 1.3 build 196 the problem came up again, except this time it’s been over 2 hours and not corrected itself like before. Btw, I updated to 1.3 a few days ago with no issue at that time.

EDIT: I just got notice my email didn’t go through. Here’s what I wrote:

Hi Eric.

It’s happening again so I just sent you the logs per your instructions.

This morning about 9:30 AM EST I updated Roon Core to 1.3 build 196 (I had already updated to 1.3 on the core, iPad Mini2, and iPhone 6s without issue the other day) and updated my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6s to build 194. Since then Roon does not see my music collection like before, except this time it’s been a couple hours and it still isn’t working ( before it would start working again after 20 minutes or so).

Also on a new issue, Roon won’t let me update the controller on my desktop PC (Windows 10) to 1.3.

When I open Roon on the PC, I get a message Software Update Needed. Beside “This PC” it says “Check for an update”. When I click on that nothing happens. It also shows the Remote Core as having the latest version installed.

Your help resolving these issues is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

That happened on one of my Windows 10 systems as well. So I went to the Roon Labs web site, downloaded the Windows version of Roon and reinstalled it (over the top of the Roon that was already installed, but would not upgrade). That cleared the problem, and the Roon remote on Windows 10 is now the latest build.

Thank you. That worked. The PC is now up to date (1.3 build 196).

Unfortunately the problem with Roon not seeing my music collection persists.

Hi James,

Can you post a screenshot of you Settings > Storage tab and also your Settings > Library tab?

Let’s flag @support

Cheers, Greg

Here you go:

Hi James,

I believe this applies to you. Please read carefully and, if so, follow the instructions to Edit your storage location.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @James_Kirkman ------ Checking in with you here, to confirm that the logs were received and to see if any progress or new observations have been. Looking forward to your feedback, many thanks!

-Eric

Thanks guys. I’ll do as suggested and report back.

I did as suggested and initially it seemed to work: I looked up albums on my iPad and iPhone and everything seemed to be there. So I closed the Roon app on my iPhone and iPad and went into the room where my system is located to listen to some music. Now I am getting this message when I open Roon to play something (it appears on my iPhone, iPad, and PC)

Ugh…

I rebooted my Salkstream III player now Roon seems to be working again, although now it’s a bit sluggish loading a selected album compared to what it was before. As a matter of fact, when I first updated to 1.3, I was impressed with how snappy the response time was; a selected album/artist/etc would load instantly. Now it takes a couple seconds.

Maybe it has to rescan my library or something causing it to slow down (looks like everything is there though)? Btw, I have Background Audio Analysis and On-Demand Audio Analysis set to OFF.

Thank you again for the help. I greatly appreciate it.

Hi James,

Try quitting the Roon remotes and restarting them. If that doesn’t work, then try clicking, Select a Different Core and see if you can connect.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks, Greg. See my post just above yours (we were probably typing at the same time…lol)

Great news. Let’s see if things settle down and you get back to the snappiness you experienced before.

You probably want to turn the Audio Analysis back on, but wait until you’re not listening to music. It’ll take a while.

Cheers, Greg

Is there a particular benefit to Audio Analysis? I’ve always had it turned off figuring I didn’t need it.

It’s a good idea to turn it on and let it finish.

This is what it’s for.

Cheers, Greg

I went ahead and turned it on and will let it run overnight.

I’m still having problems. Sometimes it works fine, then it starts acting up again, either saying it can’t connect or it will connect but selecting an album it keeps saying “loading album”. Or when I bring the app back up it will say “error loading saved page”.

:frowning:

Some screenshots:

If I touch Select a Different core, this will come up. Then selecting Connect does nothing

As of now I cannot use Roon at all.

Update: after about 10 minutes it’s now working again. It seems to be a total crapshoot whether or not it’s going to work…so frustrating. :frowning:

Hi James,

Wow, that’s frustrating.

I see that @support has your logs. Hopefully, they will be able to figure out what’s going on.

Cheers, Greg

Do I need to send a current set of logs?

Hi James,

Probably not, but Eric will let you know if that changes.

Cheers, Greg