Save Grouped Zones

+1,000,000 to this.

I’d expect to be able to create any grouping and just have it available to pick from going forward.

Having to manually group and ungroup things each time I want to change where music is playing is both tedious and unexpected.

4 Likes

Also want to add my +1 to this feature request.

Kind of strange that this is not possible yet. From an external point of view it should be not very complicated to separate zones from devices and let users put whatever devices they want into a zoon - also multiple times.

2 Likes

Would love to have the feature available
The constant grouping and setting up DSP every time is becoming
Boring.

Can I suggest something like having six preset button that we can memorise our different groups and settings…please :blush:

2 Likes

+1. Cheers

Including myself on this growing list.

+1 just make it work like you do for Chromecasts, they show up as individuals and grouped zones.

+1. I fully understand the technical limitation requiring all endpoints in the same group to use the same protocol (airplay, RAAT etc). But not having the ability to send audio to individual endpoints once a group has been created (without ungrouping and then later re-grouping) is inconvenient and something I guess could have been implemented programatically with relative ease. Perhaps not if this thread started back in 2017.

2 Likes

Should include display settings! +1!

Same here, I’d like to see that implemented rather sooner than later.

1 Like

+1 Please implement this feature!
I am really surprised you cannot chose between a group and a single zone part of the group. I struggle to understand the reason.

+1 for this feature!

+1 please!

+1 here. It seems like a small point, but I have a Group (Airplay) for the whole house, and sometimes I want to toggle between an individual Airplay endpoint and the whole house without having to recreate the Group each time.

+1 - this was one of the first things I thought when started using it.

1 Like

Same. Permanent Zone Groups is yet another “duh” missing feature that I expected Roon to have. It’s an amazing service, but so many key parts of using it are tedious and require constant manual intervention, extra taps, etc for what I would imagine are very common tasks. I hope the devs are focusing on removing some of the friction from the overall Roon experience, because there is a LOT of it.

1 Like

+1. Quite surprised that this isn’t possible.

Yes. Please. I’m tired of having to re-enable volume leveling every time I group our family room and living room zones.

+1 Please fix this!

+1 for the ability to stream to single endpoint even if they are in a group.

I just decided to continue my trial with an annual sub, intentionally not lifetime, since I want to support roon on an ongoing basis!
Seeing that this very crucial feature has been ignored for so long makes me wonder if my decision was right…

Agree with everyone on this feature request. It was surprising to find that a zone that is part of group cannot be used individually without ungrouping it. Consequently, I’ve never used this feature again once I realized this limitation. If it worked as requested in this thread, zone grouping would actually become a useful feature to me.

2 Likes