Scan always alive

Not me but @nuwriy .
There was no problem with my library with the previous version.
See screenshot… files imported, scanned, library completed… but still “scanning now”.

Hello @Stef_Dahl, I’ve spoken with the team a few times about this thread and based on the symptoms, we wanted to have you add tracks back to your library a few folders at a time so we could see which folder specifically is causing this issue. I’d try that approach, and @mavmcl also has a good recommendation.

Thanks.
I add files and folders every 3/4 days.
Delete half of my library and add file after file … is it to occupy my retirement?
But I am not retired !!

I tried with the backup of my library on SSD, directly connected by usb on my NUC.
Same thing.

I looked at the logs … I don’t see anything (??)

Hello @Stef_Dahl, before we try adding the files in groups, could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (your local time) when you do? Then please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using this link.

Hello, at 8:56 p.m., I restarted the Roon server.
Start of the scan … the scan of all the files is finished at 8:58 pm … but the blue disk and the scan continues.

At 9 p.m., I copied 3 folders with 45 files (Chet Baker, Bill Evans Trio, Yoshio Suzuki).
At 9:01 pm: files copied to the server.

At 9:02 p.m., Bill Evans’ album appeared.
without cover … the scan continues.
At 9:05 p.m., nothing more.

9:05 pm, reboot of the Roon server … the 3 albums appear after the boot scan.
He keeps on…

The logs are in the cloud. Thks :wink:

2 posts were split to a new topic: The blue circle never stops - metadata improver update required

Thanks @Stef_Dahl, I’ll send them to the team.

No info after reading the logs?
Thanks

Hello @Stef_Dahl,
Please accept our apologies for the delay here! I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our review queue. A member of our QA team should be reviewing this soon and providing feedback.

I’ve requested an update from the team and upped the priority in our tracker so I should be able to get back to you soon with an update. Thanks in advance for your patience!

One holidays week later… ?

Same thing with Build 610 :roll_eyes:

have you considered to backup your library totally remove Roon from your core and restore it back?
what about perhaps move your core to another machine and do the restore there?

what if you do the restore to a core VM? running Linux?

I tried on my ultralight laptop … Win10 family with an processor … ultraleight !!
Lot… lot hours after… same thing. All files scanned and library updated, but blue circle always spanning !

Hi @Stef_Dahl,

The team provided some feedback today on their investigation, and we are hoping you can run Roon with some additional logging. To do this on Win 10 add this argument to Target row in the Roon shortcut on the desktop:

-storagetrace

After this start up Roon like normal and let us know when you see the issue start again. We’ll enable diagnostics to take a look at what is occurring with the additional logging — Thanks!

Thanks for the support… and after… i send you some logs ?
Because blue circle always spanning… and i have instabilities with my Roon remote on my laptop .

Only moral support from my side because I have the same problem and am also desperate for a solution. After a fast import of 50.000 files it starts scanning for hours on end until finished. And than scanning starts again after files are dumped to be deleted from the library.

Set the database back to before last update and restarted my 2011 Macmini several times in a row.

A bug to set “new time” to files in database… but same of “old time” ?? :thinking:

Examaple:

08/23 12:46:23 Debug: [storage] [directory] check for modified file, cround: False, mround: False, path: \\ZauruxStation\music\Gary Moore\Essential Montreux 1990-2001 5CD\Disc 3\10 - Over The Hills And Far Away.flac
    08/23 12:46:23 Debug: [storage] [directory] old ctime: 636916392074114956, old mtime: 636916408810178455
    08/23 12:46:23 Debug: [storage] [directory] new ctime: 636916392074114956, new mtime: 636916408810178455
    08/23 12:46:23 Debug: [storage] [directory] check for modified file, cround: False, mround: False, path: \\ZauruxStation\music\Gary Moore\Essential Montreux 1990-2001 5CD\Disc 3\11 - Parisienne Walkways.flac
    08/23 12:46:23 Debug: [storage] [directory] old ctime: 636916392074214966, old mtime: 636916409236772427
    08/23 12:46:23 Debug: [storage] [directory] new ctime: 636916392074214966, new mtime: 636916409236772427

And now… an idea ??

if I was you by now I would already started with a new DB, somewhere in time yours got corrupted.
Have you tried a library from scratch?

Without any other solution, I think that’s what I should do … on the other hand, I don’t want to lose the dozens of improvements, the dozens of photos of artists and bands that I added to the base !! :roll_eyes: