Scheduled Backup Location

I successfully made the initial backup (actually I’ve done it a few times…) but I’m unable to schedule recurring updates to the backup file.

When I select the backup folder, regardless of the level, Roon responds with an “invalid path specified”. What is the location I need to target for my recurring backups?

I moved this thread to the support category for you.

‘RoonBackups’ is already the backup folder created by Roon. Choose the parent folder ‘Roon Backup’ that you created instead. Does this work?

Make sure that the share (\\192.168.86.39\a) is available (machine is running, not in sleep, standby or off mode). If the target is a removable drive, make sure it’s plugged in. You can check the availability also with a file browser (Explorer, Finder) from another machine.

Hi @David_Weinberg,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Just to verify here, if you do a Backup Now this works for this path, but scheduling a backup to this path doesn’t work?

If you were to select just the top level folder does it allow you to use that path?

I think the backup may now be working. I set Roon to backup everyday at 1:00 PM as a test. Based on this screenshot:

So it appears that the backup ran at 1:00 PM and was completed at 1:06:33 PM. If you agree, then I think all is resolved.

To answer your questions about my network, etc., to offer better clarification- I have a Synology NAS (DS 214) where my I store my music library. I am running ROCK (Intel NUC 5CPYH). While both are underpowered, both seem to run well most of the time. My WiFi is a Google mesh router and I also connect via Ethernet for large transfers.

On the NAS- my music library is stored under the “music” folder (\192.168.86.30\music) while my Roon backup is stored under the “A” folder (\192.168.86.30\A).

Standing by for any additional guidance.

Thanks.

Hi @David_Weinberg,

Based on the screenshot it looks like the scheduled backup is now working as expected. I’m glad to know it’s working for you now! If you have any other questions please let me know!

Good to hear, thanks. Not certain why the backup didn’t perform that way upon the first few volleys, but I can now rest assured that the backups are now taking place.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.