Scratchy or static like noise

Hi @rcaudio,

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that I spoke with the team and confirmed that they’ve reached out to Echo Audio. We haven’t heard back from Echo yet, but they should have the information needed for next steps here and you should be hearing from them soon.

You have our apologies for the prior miscommunication.

Thanks,
Dylan

Thanks Dylan, they contacted me and I will get over there in the next day or two. Richard

1 Like

Hi @rcaudio,

We spoke with Echo Audio about our next steps and I wanted to make sure we followed up with you here as well. We’re going to be replacing the Nucleus and you should be hearing more about this from Echo very soon.

In the meantime, I wanted to send over some instructions for backup up your database. You can back up Roon before you send out the Nucleus and then you can restore that backup once the new Nucleus is received. This will allow you to restore all of your Roon data onto the new Nucleus.

For instructions, please see our Knowledge Base article on the subject.

If you have any questions about this please let me know. We appreciate your patience while we’ve worked to get this resolved, Richard!

Best,
Dylan

Hello Dylan,

I have been working with Echo Audio. They verified the unit had the noise even with a couple of different supplies. Another unit they had in the store did the same thing. Yesterday they swapped me a replacement and it also has it. Is this a universal thing with these units? What does Intel say? It’s really not what I was expecting after springing for a fanless unit to have in my system.

Richard

Hi @rcaudio – First I’d like to express my sincere apologies for the ongoing issues here.

I just met with the team to discuss this. This isn’t an issue we are receiving widespread reports of, so we were very surprised to hear that this is happening for this Nucleus as well.

The last Nucleus that you had is currently on its way back to the manufacturer. They are going to be investigating the exact origin of this issue with us.

For now, we ask that you please hang on to the unit you have currently and use it as we investigate this. Once we have concluded our investigation into the previous Nucleus we will reach out to you with our next steps.

For our records, would you kindly confirm the serial number of the new Nucleus you’ve received?

Once again you have our sincere apologies here, Richard. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as our investigation procedes and will update you as soon as possible.

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for the update. The replacement unit is 54B2030B0FE9. The unit does sound amazing beside this.

Roon%20Nuc%20plus%2054B2030B0FE9

Thanks, @rcaudio — I’ve passed the serial number along to the team. I’ll be sure to reach out again when we have more information from our investigation.

Your patience and cooperation is very much appreciated!

6 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with convolution filter

Hi @rcaudio,

Apology for the delay here! First, I wanted to provide an update on the Nucleus noise issue. Please see this post from Danny:

As for the playback issue, can you send the convolution filter over to us so we can take a look?

@danny, is this the version you refer to, build 12? Mine still chirps, maybe not as loud but it’s still there.

@danny, @dylan, I can still distinctly hear the noise. It is much lower but definitely still there.