Screen jumps while scrolling in iPad

Using M1 MacMini running 10.0.1.101 16 GB RAM and Roon 1.8 build 778; 12.9 inch iPad Pro (1st gen) 256 GB on 14.4.2 and build 778

In album or artist view with long text if I put my finger in the screen and slowly scroll up while reading (without removing my finger from the screen) it suddenly jumps to the top. When I remove my finger from the screen it goes back to where I was reading (correct place). This only happens when I leave my finger and scroll slowly. If I just do a quick swipe I do not have enough control of where text will be and this does not happen. Of note, a friend of mine with similar setup has same issue. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Just for info: I experience the same annoying issue on my iPad.

1 Like

Hello @Hector_Tamez ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

There were a few changes in this area in build 790, can you please confirm if you’re still seeing the same issue occurring on the latest Roon build? Thanks!

I have same issue (build 790). iPad Pro when scrolling through ‘album review’ or ‘artist bio’. It just ‘jumps’ back to the top when you scroll down but keep your finger on the screen.

2 Likes

Yes. Still present in build 790. Still jumps while scrolling (and keep finger in screen).

Same problem. If I want to edit something on iPad, I always miss the field because the screen jumps up or down. Not funny. :slightly_frowning_face:

Not just iPad, but happens on Android too.

1 Like

Scrolling on iPad still behaves exactly as described in the opening message. :cry: In addition to the items already mentioned, it affects lyrics view as well. So basically ANY view available from the Now Playing mode behaves erratically - for a software solution focused on UX, this is pretty big failure that manages to annoy at least me constantly.

Still an issue no fix,

1 Like

Hey folks! We released some improvements to iOS scrolling in today’s release. Can you give try it out and let us know how it feels?

A post was merged into an existing topic: iOS remote touch screen sensitivity and choppy scrolling [Ticket In]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.